XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Forgive my n00bness in advance, as this is my first CustoMac build:

I have been having difficulty enabling ML audio on my Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H mobo (Realtek ALC898). I have tried the following settings through MultiBeast:

Unified Device Injector + Apple HDA Rollback + Non-DSDT HDAEnabler, and
Patched AppleHDA + Non-DSDT HDAEnabler

I have managed to get ML to recognize the appropriate Audio ID in System Information, as well as identify and allow me to control the volume on 4 different audio devices (Internal Speakers, Line Out x2, and Digital Out), but still no audio comes through my speakers.

I have tried hooking the audio jack into every available audio output on the mobo. Also, I know the speakers are working as I get sound through my other OS (Windows 7 on separate physical drive). Just in case, I have also connected several other speakers/headphones to the mobo audio outputs to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any solutions? And am I missing something that is entirely evident to a more experienced Mac user?

Thanks in advance.

what BIOS version are you using? I had similar problems, BIOS update F7 fixed my problem. Good luck..

Bios version F8 here. It was originally F5, but updated prior to install.

hmmm...did you select userDSDT but with NO dsdt on desktop when you ran multibeast?

I used multibeast and installed:

Patched AppleHDA --> 898 and nonDSDT AppleHDA ---> 898

Rebooted and it worked like a charm

I had not at the time, but now I have and the same problem is present. Apple looks like it expects that it is putting out sound, but it's just not making it to the speakers.

Interestingly, it looks like audio input is working (that is the input level moves when i connect and speak into a microphone), but obviously i don't hear myself through the speakers.

I used multibeast and installed:

Patched AppleHDA --> 898 and nonDSDT AppleHDA ---> 898

Rebooted and it worked like a charm

I have the same mobo, and used the same Multibeast settings and mine is working. However, I noticed that the front / rear speaker is reversed (plug the front speakers into the rear, visa versa). The nice thing is that the Realtek manager in Windows can swap the two using software. This is great cause then I don't have to switch the audio cables.

For those having issues, double check your cables.

Sweet I didn't know you could do that! I tried selecting all kinds of speaker setups but didn't see anything about flipping them. 'll have a proper look at Realtek manager again

Edit: You sir, are awesome. Realtek manager worked great to change the audio output in Win7. Whoop whoop!

Forgive my n00bness in advance, as this is my first CustoMac build:

I have been having difficulty enabling ML audio on my Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H mobo (Realtek ALC898). I have tried the following settings through MultiBeast:

Unified Device Injector + Apple HDA Rollback + Non-DSDT HDAEnabler, and
Patched AppleHDA + Non-DSDT HDAEnabler

I have managed to get ML to recognize the appropriate Audio ID in System Information, as well as identify and allow me to control the volume on 4 different audio devices (Internal Speakers, Line Out x2, and Digital Out), but still no audio comes through my speakers.

I have tried hooking the audio jack into every available audio output on the mobo. Also, I know the speakers are working as I get sound through my other OS (Windows 7 on separate physical drive). Just in case, I have also connected several other speakers/headphones to the mobo audio outputs to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any solutions? And am I missing something that is entirely evident to a more experienced Mac user?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/57272-optimized-applehda-realtek-alc-898-lion-new-10.html#post409445

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back