NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
z77p-d3 vs z77 extreme 4. need help please

Hi all. im new to hackintosh so i need help to choose from these 2 mobo because they are in my price range. Based from my research, here is something that i understand from this two mobo.

z77 extreme 4

lan = need to use the broadcom57781 kext using kext utility to work
sound = use Realtek AC8XX Patch in Multibeast(dont know to use the non dsdt or the patched one)
wake/sleep = use patched bios by samisnake and then modified the dsdt
usb 3.0 = didnt have any conclusion yet - can downgrade it to perform at 2.0 speed i guess using board - asmedia cannot run at all

z77p-d3

lan = lnx2mac realtek or appleRTLethernet (dont know which one)

sound =
use Realtek AC8XX Patch in Multibeast non dsdt
wake/sleep = native i think
usb 3.0 = works perfectly(2.0 and 3.0 both can use in any port)

Can someone help me to confirm it to me that it is correct. I also want to ask about how can I check at the post installation that all my components work (
speedstep, usb speed and so on) and also any other issues that important besides these 4 main things. Sorry if my questions is too basic. I hope that someone can help me about this. much appreciated. :)

Hi all. im new to hackintosh so i need help to choose from these 2 mobo because they are in my price range. Based from my research, here is something that i understand from this two mobo.

z77 extreme 4

lan = need to use the broadcom57781 kext using kext utility to work
sound = use Realtek AC8XX Patch in Multibeast(dont know to use the non dsdt or the patched one)
wake/sleep = use patched bios by samisnake and then modified the dsdt
usb 3.0 = didnt have any conclusion yet - can downgrade it to perform at 2.0 speed i guess using board - asmedia cannot run at all

z77p-d3

lan = lnx2mac realtek or appleRTLethernet (dont know which one)

sound =
use Realtek AC8XX Patch in Multibeast non dsdt
wake/sleep = native i think
usb 3.0 = works perfectly(2.0 and 3.0 both can use in any port)

Can someone help me to confirm it to me that it is correct. I also want to ask about how can I check at the post installation that all my components work (
speedstep, usb speed and so on) and also any other issues that important besides these 4 main things. Sorry if my questions is too basic. I hope that someone can help me about this. much appreciated. :)

The GA board would probably be easier to use, just install with UniBeast, Run MultiBeast and select the UserDSDT/NonDSDT, alc887 without DSDT and lnx2macs ethernet.

The ASRock board would work as well after you flashed the BIOS, except for the Broadcom ethernet - you would have to find a patched kext for it.

Otherwise, look at the feature set (PCIe slots, USB ports, etc) and see which board meets your needs best.

thanks for the explanation. seems the ga board is more convenience for the build. what the usb 3.0 on the two board? the one controlled by z77 chipset will work without the need of extra kext?

thanks for the explanation. seems the ga board is more convenience for the build. what the usb 3.0 on the two board? the one controlled by z77 chipset will work without the need of extra kext?

Should do so. If the are run by, say, an ASMedia chip, they might never work.

thanks going bald. i will get my build with gtx 670 and i hope i have prepared for the hackintoshing. get nervous too

as i was searching, i came across asrock z77 pro3 which has realtek audio and lan. this can be done in multibeast. and then flashed the mobo with samisnake patched bios. but theres not many people use this board for their build. whats ur opinion about this?

as i was searching, i came across asrock z77 pro3 which has realtek audio and lan. this can be done in multibeast. and then flashed the mobo with samisnake patched bios. but theres not many people use this board for their build. whats ur opinion about this?

The ASUS, MSI and ASrock boards are every bit as good as the GA boards as far as quality and amenities. If you are not afraid of flashing the BIOS (and most boards have dual BIOS to recover from a bad flash) then I would definitely give them a look. All of the Ivy Brodge builds I have done so far have been ASUS (2) or MSI (1). I have a rev 1.0 version of the GA-Z77-DS3H that is awaiting a home, but haven't done anything with it yet.

The GA board would probably be easier to use, just install with UniBeast, Run MultiBeast and select the UserDSDT/NonDSDT, alc887 without DSDT and lnx2macs ethernet.

The ASRock board would work as well after you flashed the BIOS, except for the Broadcom ethernet - you would have to find a patched kext for it.

Otherwise, look at the feature set (PCIe slots, USB ports, etc) and see which board meets your needs best.

hi! im using z77p-d3 mainboard, my usb 3.0 wont work, so anything I have to install in multibeast? other than that, my hackintosh wont shut down properly, so when I hit apple>shutdown.... the led goes off, hdd led goes off but the cpu fan, case fans still runs... I posted so many threads about this but no helped me so far... so can u please advise me on this...other than this 2 issues my hackintosh works superfine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back