Graphics
GTX-560Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, pretty new with hackintosh and i'm experiencing problems.

So far after i try to boot, it restarts. It shows a flash of the apple logo in white before it restarts. I've been trying to boot with the different boot options like Verbose, Ignore Caches, etc., and none of them are working.

Downloaded my DSDT from http://www.osx86.net/view/2713-dsdt_ga-z77mx-d3h.html. dont know if that's what's making it break.

My specs are
GA-Z77MX-D3H, GTX560Ti, i7 3770k.

I've been following the instructions for hackintosh very closely and i'm not quite sure where im getting it wrong.

Could it be because i installed windows 7 first since im trying to dual boot it? Not really sure. But i left a separate partition to install Lion in though

Here's a photo of the last lines of code before it restarts while in verbose. I read somewhere that it helps.
securedownload.jpg.

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, pretty new with hackintosh and i'm experiencing problems.

So far after i try to boot, it restarts. It shows a flash of the apple logo in white before it restarts. I've been trying to boot with the different boot options like Verbose, Ignore Caches, etc., and none of them are working.

Downloaded my DSDT from http://www.osx86.net/view/2713-dsdt_ga-z77mx-d3h.html. dont know if that's what's making it break.

My specs are
GA-Z77MX-D3H, GTX560Ti, i7 3770k.

I've been following the instructions for hackintosh very closely and i'm not quite sure where im getting it wrong.

Could it be because i installed windows 7 first since im trying to dual boot it? Not really sure. But i left a separate partition to install Lion in though

Here's a photo of the last lines of code before it restarts while in verbose. I read somewhere that it helps.
View attachment 30208.

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you trying to install Lion or Mountain Lion? Your system is Ivy Bridge, and you should use Mountain Lion since Lion (without BridgeHelper) does not support Ivy Bridge.

Bridgehelper worked. Thanks! I feel stupid for missing that out.

Now it seems the hard drive isn't being detected by the Mac Setup. Could it be because I installed Windows in the first partition? No other way for me to install mac other than to reformat my drive im assuming.

I'm having the exact same problems...I tried BridgeHelper and I've gotten into the installer, but I also don't see any hard drives in Disk Utility except the USB.

Any luck for you?

I'll keep searching if I find anything I'll post it here.

Didn't work out for me. Still looking for other options but so far I still can't see any hard drives when I'm in the MAC OS X installer.

Didn't work out for me. Still looking for other options but so far I still can't see any hard drives when I'm in the MAC OS X installer.

Did you open the disk utility on the first big X page and format your drive?

Yeah I did, my drive isn't appearing at all. All that's appearing is the USB with the installer.

I'm guessing it's because my drive ended up being formatted as NTFS because of the windows install? Any way for me to reformat them into Mac Journaled? I don't quite understand what it means to format with the GUID Partition table so I'm lost right now.

I formatted the whole drive again using my windows 7 installer since the OS X installer can't really detect the drive anyway. Didn't do anything. Hard drive still isn't being detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back