ATI Radeon Sapphire 6870 1 GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have made a fresh install with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on my new GA Z77X UD5H F14.

I'm having this issue:
The Machine won't shutdown when I hit the button on the apple logo to Shutdown the display goes off but the
computer is still running and doesn't shut down.

Here's my specs:
OSX: 10.8.2
MOBO: GA Z77X UD5H bios F14
GPU: Apple ATI 5770
SSD: Agility 3 120 GB

Unibeast + Mountain Lion
Multibeast 5.1.1 which solver the unplug and replug display issue ( see attachment for the settings)

Any idea??

Thanks

Attachments

• Multibeast settings.png
    Multibeast settings.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 225
I have the same problmen after installing a startech firewire card.
The card works fine, but the computer restarts after a moment when i attempt to shut it down.

wake on lan IS disabled.

I'm having a similar problem. It appears to have something to do with my DVD drive. If I unplug the SATA cable connecting my OPTIARC DVD drive, the computer shuts down fine. If it stays connected, the screen goes black, but the fans all stay on.

It seems like this is something that started after running multibeast, but I can't remember for sure. Any advice from anyone who might have an idea of what is happening?

Alternative methods I've tried:
  • CMOS reset and reconfiguring BIOS with optimized defaults
  • Reinstalling Multibeast

This is my first build (very similar to Slugnet's Video Editor, but with a EVGA GTX 670 FTW)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

has anybody solve the problem with 10.9 shutdown on this motherboard?..

Not sure if this has anything to do with shutting down or not but having both 3rd party sata and esata may not work well. 3rd party sata makes drives appear internal and esata makes them appear external. So those two may be fighting each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back