Contribute
Register

Z77 mATX Motherboards and OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the multibeast settings you show for the msiz77ma-g45 ( audio and network ) do I need to do anything special
with system definitions , boot options etc ?
For Mountain Lion 10.8.4 with Unibeast 2.0.1

What is SpeedStep actually? Is it a feature which make it possible for the CPU to run between its min. and max.? Either my CPU runs at 1.6 or 3.5 - never in between? Is that okay?

What is SpeedStep actually? Is it a feature which make it possible for the CPU to run between its min. and max.? Either my CPU runs at 1.6 or 3.5 - never in between? Is that okay?

"Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency, which can result in decreased average power consumption and decreased average heat production. By decreasing power and heat on desktop PCs, system builders can (depending on system configurations) potentially lower acoustics."

Did you flash a patched bios as per post #239 of this thread ? If not you'll need to do that
to get SpeedStep for your CustoMac.

"Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency, which can result in decreased average power consumption and decreased average heat production. By decreasing power and heat on desktop PCs, system builders can (depending on system configurations) potentially lower acoustics."

Did you flash a patched bios as per post #239 of this thread ? If not you'll need to do that
to get SpeedStep for your CustoMac.
Thanks. :)

I have flashed my BIOS with a modified 1.4 BIOS - should I do more?

Hello,

It seems pretty damn straight forward and easy as you did with the Asus MoBo. Still, im using tha same and im having a hard time to get it stable. Everything's seem to be working well for 18-24hours after then my system randomly freezes out ( beach ball - only reset helps ).

First i thought it must be the Green drive i own, but no. I removed it and even with only the SSD in, it froze out after a while.

Next thing i could though of is the PSU, since it has some flaws, probably contact issues. When i move the cables coming out of it, sometimes my Hack just wont start up. I press the power button, the light blinks for a second and goes off. Pulling out battery from the MoBo and repositioning the PSU's cables helps. But back on 10.8.1 it went great and even under Windows it has no problems. I flashed several different kinds of BIOS already (now on stock 2003). Problem still exists.

I own the following build:

Asus P8Z77-M Pro
i3-3225
HD4000
WD20EARX
2x4GB Patriot 1866Mhz (set to XMP in BIOS)
PSU 500W bequiet! E5
(ATM im running it without the SSD)

What am i doing wrong?

Updated my Z77MA-G45 from 10.8.3 to 10.8.5. Sound did disappear and I could not fix it with Multibeast 5.3.0 but downloaded the latest (5.4.3) which fixed the sound. (And TRIM) :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back