Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I've digged through a couple of threads to figure out which Z77/H77 boards can do what and so far I've got this:

+ = yes, X = no, - somewhat
ASRock [Z|H]77M-ITX ASUS P8[Z|H]77-I DELUXE GA-[Z|H]77N-WIFI
Intel DH77DF
MSI Z77IA-E53
Zotac Z77ITX-A-E
BIOS patched patched stock
stock UEFI patched patched
DSDT no no no
no no no
Ethernet X + 2
+ + +
Wifi replacement card replacement card replacement card
replacement card replacement card + (original card)
Bluetooth (onboard) X X + (original card)
X -
- (original card)
Bluetooth (USB) + + +
+ ?
+
Sleep/wake +/X + - (disk, screen)
X +
+
Autosleep X ? darkwake=10
X +
+
Speedstep + + +
+ ? +
Hardware monitoring ? ? +
? ? +
Analog Audio + (front & back) + + (front & back)
+ + +
S/PDIF Audio + with DSDT ?
+ ?
-
HDMI Audio with DSDT with DSDT with DSDT
? ? with DSDT
Airdrop ? ? ?
? ? +
Airplay Video ? ? X
? ? +
Airplay Audio X ? +
? ? +
USB 3 - USB 2 storage X ? X
X ? X
USB 3 - USB 2 HIDs + ? +
+ ? +
USB 3 - USB 3 storage + ? +
+ ? +
Firewire X X X
+ X X
mSATA +/X (Z/H) X X
+ + +
DVI + + +
+ + X
HDMI 1 1 2
1 1 2
DisplayPort 1 (Z) 1 (Z) X
1 X X
miniDP X X X
X X 1

Maybe you can help me to fill in the rest so people can save some time when looking for the right board for their needs.

Of course this list doesn't show what's really necessary to get things going but it should be good as a start.

For the MSI Z77IA-E53 I could not find anything else than it being mentioned in the BIOS patch thread.

What is darkwatch? I guess you mean darkwake and better is to use darkwake=12

DSTD typo? should be DSDT.
Cheers!

H77M-ITX, = Realtek RTL8111E, Realtek ALC892
Z77E-ITX, = Broadcom BCM57781, Realtek ALC898
Do I need to change any + or x? Or do the same things work for both boards? If necessary, I can split up the entry.

ASUS P8Z77-I sleep/auto sleep works with 3570K + DSDT edit.
ASUS P8Z77-I sleep/auto sleep does not work with 3770K + DSDT

No idea why is works with one and not the other.

I'm surprised you didn't find my build. Here's another good board for mini-ITX, Zotac Z77ITX-A-E. For more details, check my Zomac build thread. I've added a few more items at the end of my table for mSata and types of video connectors.

Zotac Z77ITX-A-E Notes
BIOS patched
DSDT no
Ethernet + RTL8111F
WiFi + (Original Card) AR9285
Bluetooth (onboard) x (Original Card) Sorta works with firmware loader
Bluetooth (USB) +
Sleep/Wake +
Autosleep +
Speedstep +
Hardware Monitoring +
Analog Audio + RTL892
SPDIF Audio - Untested
HDMI Audio with DSDT Output through mini-DP only
Airdrop +
Airplay Video +
Airplay Audio +
USB 3 - USB 2 storage x
USB 3 - USB 2 HIDs +
USB 3 - USB 3 storage +
Firewire x
mSATA +
DVI 0
HDMI 2
Displayport 0
mini Displayport 1

I'm surprised you didn't find my build. Here's another good board for mini-ITX, Zotac Z77ITX-A-E.
Hi miramar,

actually, I have the Zotac board in the spreadsheet that I prepared, I obviously didn't mark it for copy when I copied the data over. Thanks for your detailed input. Some things definitely don't go that well when you're disturbed by work ...

Cheers!

Do I need to change any + or x? Or do the same things work for both boards? If necessary, I can split up the entry.

Yes, LAN and Audio works for both boards. I think if you change the + sign into a check mark (compatible) would be better.

Hi miramar,

actually, I have the Zotac board in the spreadsheet that I prepared, I obviously didn't mark it for copy when I copied the data over. Thanks for your detailed input. Some things definitely don't go that well when you're disturbed by work ...

No worries. Saving the best for last eh? But seriously, the Zotac is the best miniITX I've done. I usually use Gigabyte but this goes to show that it doesn't always have to be them. It was a blessing in disguise that when I started my build, Gigabyte had not released their new miniITX boards. I also had the good fortune to stumble across minihack's Z77ITX build. Normally I would not even have looked at Zotac twice.

I documented everything with this board in my thread so do give that a read for all the details.

Another feature that you might want to add is Wake-on-LAN (WOL). Apparently not all boards are working with that. To clarify, WOL is wake from LAN from a power-off state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back