Motherboard
ML
CPU
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
so i installed lion on my pc (3570k, z77-ds3h, radeon 4890).
everything seems fine and dandy, BUT

1) once i copy the appropriate dsdt from the database on the desktop, name it DSDT.aml and use multibeast to install it, the pc will get stuck at the grey apple logo splashscreen. my mainboard was running F5, i actually downgraded back to F3 bios, but nothing really changed.

2) Sound doesn't work properly, i assume that's a consequence of problem 1) though.

Besides the DSDT situation everything seems to be good, qe/ci works, ethernet works.

Thankful for any help :)

Motherboard
ML
CPU
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
EVGA Geforce 1080 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have the same board as you, but Sandy Bridge CPU.

Did you use BridgeHelper?

Not sure if this is related, but for this board it's best not to use the DSDT in the Tonymac database. Don't put any DSDT files on the desktop when you run MultiBeast, but do check UserDSDT in that tool. Hope this helps. Or maybe the DSDT is needed since you have an Ivy Bridge CPU.

Good luck!

Motherboard
ML
CPU
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Without Bridgehelper the Ivy CPU wouldn't work, so i installed it according to the BH guide.
Yes, the DSDT is causing problems, but without it i can't seem to get sound working.
I tried copying (using the Terminal) the kexts from viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59061 into S/L/E and then repairing permissions with multibeast, but still no sound. :(

From what i read one of them should fix it, but it didn't work yet. Which one of them is the right one for me? Does AppleHDA rollback need to be installed?

Motherboard
ML
CPU
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
please help me :think:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77ud5h
CPU
Core i7 3770k
Graphics
Geforce 550ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
In audio section of multi beast, use universal audio. Restart. you should have audio.

Motherboard
ML
CPU
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
d503308 said:
In audio section of multi beast, use universal audio. Restart. you should have audio.
tried it now. all it did was hissing when i shut the system down and creating a kernel panic once i tried to boot it up again.

Is there nobody that is using the same motherboard with an ivy bridge processor that can help out here?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77ud5h
CPU
Core i7 3770k
Graphics
Geforce 550ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Have same exact Board and I have sound in all of it's onboard glory. Please follow the Toleda guide for Realtelk 898 in audio section of forums. Do everything in the exact order he does and you will have beautiful sound. I build audio systems and I have 30 of these boards working correctly. If thats too confusing, just go buy a Presonus Audiobox or Audiobox vsl, plug it in and presto they work like magic.