Contribute
Register

[Z77 Build] SkeletalMac MKII - Z77X-UD5H w/Nvidia 560ti 448

Status
Not open for further replies.
philz said:
schubbe226 said:
Does firewire work?
Most probably yes. Haven't actually plugged anything in but it does show up as supported, does on first boot come up with GUID too. It does do:
Code:
4/17/12 8:01:36.000 AM kernel: FireWire GUID 0000000000000000 is invalid!
But that's normal even on a Z68 board, and only after sleep in the console

adriantan1982 said:
philz,
I've assembled it and got it running on Windows 7. Now, I'm trying to do a dual boot. I'm thinking of getting another hard disk for Mac OS. My question to you is, have you got your system to work on Snow Leopard/Lion? Also, any advice how to start it? I'm a newbie to hackintosh, this will be my first. I've read some postings on how to do it, just wondering if you have anything specifics for this build. I'm also quite interested on how you overclock it :)

You biggest thing off the bat is the 7750 is not supported. Also if I were to use OSX daily I'd get it's own drive, dual booting is a headache. Without knowing what board you have no idea where to tell you to start. I do plan on posting how I've done it but not yet, waiting for certain fixes to materialize.

Right now over clocking is not working with the latest BIOS for my UD5H, did on F4 (ish), but now on F5 that I needed to boot from PEG it ignores all turbo settings. Plus I think the TIM I found was ancient... Temps are all out of whack so waiting on some X23 and a new set of Arcticlean (lost my #1 bottle somehow. No idea)

Hey philz,
Thanks. I guess I bought the wrong gfx card, maybe I can use the on board display for mac os and use 7750 for windows if i manage to install Mac os. Anyway, the board I'm using now is the GA-Z77P-D3. I know it's a different board than yours, but I guess the bios setup should be similar? I'll hang around until you post on your installation steps.

adriantan1982 said:
Hey philz,
Thanks. I guess I bought the wrong gfx card, maybe I can use the on board display for mac os and use 7750 for windows if i manage to install Mac os. Anyway, the board I'm using now is the GA-Z77P-D3. I know it's a different board than yours, but I guess the bios setup should be similar? I'll hang around until you post on your installation steps.

Look forward to instructions this weekend! As for the 7750–not a bad choice, just it's not supported *yet*. It might in the next couple of months as newer macs and osx revisions are released (especially Mountain Lion as that will require support for all current gen macs). I'll probably be upgrading to a 7xxx or 680 whichever comes supported and larger luxmark score :)

Hey Philz,

Great job so far. I'll be following this thread very closely as I'm about to sell off my z68/2600k setup to someone. I'd prefer to go with your board only because I'd like to stay up to date with any changes apple may reflect with newer processor architectures. I've been working with hacks for 2 years now and I'm not afraid to venture out into unexplored territory as far as hardware. Keep up the good work.

tcresien said:
Hey Philz,

Great job so far. I'll be following this thread very closely as I'm about to sell off my z68/2600k setup to someone. I'd prefer to go with your board only because I'd like to stay up to date with any changes apple may reflect with newer processor architectures. I've been working with hacks for 2 years now and I'm not afraid to venture out into unexplored territory as far as hardware. Keep up the good work.

Thank You!

It is a great board, but there are some issues that should be worked out soon. It'll probably be something big from Tony/Mac/Toledo to get everything perfect but it's incredibly good as is :). Lets see how the Ivy Bridge CPU's work out!

dumb question. I just bought this board, and I'm looking at the 8 pin connector close to the DVI and VGA connectors. I need to connect power to that in addition to the main power connector correct?

MicMak said:
dumb question. I just bought this board, and I'm looking at the 8 pin connector close to the DVI and VGA connectors. I need to connect power to that in addition to the main power connector correct?

Connect all power plugs on the motherboard (including right sides SATA connector if using more than one GPU or any over clocking). You PSU should have these cables already if not it's probably wicked old.

philz said:
You PSU should have these cables already if not it's probably wicked old.

Thanks, I figured it out about 5 minutes later and forgot to delete my post. It helps when one sits down and actually reads the PDF manual. :)

MicMak said:
philz said:
You PSU should have these cables already if not it's probably wicked old.

Thanks, I figured it out about 5 minutes later and forgot to delete my post. It helps when one sits down and actually reads the PDF manual. :)

True True... :thumbup:

Attached is why I think Gigabyte's Quality Control is lacking... Or at least I'm getting horrible luck. :banghead:

There is no reason why when you go to eject the memory for the first time it snaps off with little force. Lovely. Thankfully my MB in the case is orated 90° so it doesn't fall out, but frankly it's going back to Amazon. Will debate if I get another Gigabyte board or if my Maximus Gene-Z/Gen 3 works out well I might get another ASUS.

Sorry Guys–I'll still help however I can but I won't have the board no more. It's just my 3rd gigabyte board that has gone threw that machine in the space of 12 months.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 238
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back