Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Can I get an ELI5 on Coreboot, and what it means for us?

EDIT: Got it.

Last edited:
It look like on this m/b this is more simple:

Updating BIOS with Flash BIOS Button
1. Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from
the MSI® website.
2. Rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM, and save it to the root of your USB flash drive.
3. Connect the power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No need to install
CPU and memory.)
4. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port
on the rear I/O panel.
5. Press the Flash BIOS Button to flash BIOS, and the LED starts flashing.
6. The LED will be turned off when the process is completed

It look like on this m/b this is more simple:

Updating BIOS with Flash BIOS Button
1. Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from
the MSI® website.
2. Rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM, and save it to the root of your USB flash drive.
3. Connect the power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No need to install
CPU and memory.)
4. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port
on the rear I/O panel.
5. Press the Flash BIOS Button to flash BIOS, and the LED starts flashing.
6. The LED will be turned off when the process is completed
Renaming the file to MSI.ROM was an important note. I had to do a bit of digging for it. I didn't unplug anything at all.

Renaming the file to MSI.ROM was an important note. I had to do a bit of digging for it. I didn't unplug anything at all.
Sometimes it's very useful to read manual to the end ;)

yes me to

Did you use USBTOOLBox to do USB mapping? Just trying to see the common issue with ours. I am tempted to re-do USB mapping using corptnewt's USBMap instead of usbtoolbox to see if it makes a difference.

I think I have found a fix for that weird spike in proccesor activity while using Bluetooth with BCM4360NG version M2 card.

In my case, just erasing USBinjectALL and instead of using SSDT-UIAC.aml, using just USBports.kext

It is all about USB mapping!!!

I think I have found a fix for that weird spike in proccesor activity while using Bluetooth with BCM4360NG version M2 card.

In my case, just erasing USBinjectALL and instead of using SSDT-UIAC.aml, using just USBports.kext

It is all about USB mapping!!!
I am already using just USBMap.kext and have never used usbinjectall method. Unfortuatnely, I still have that issue however I am still using the script to kill bluetoothd on wake so it hasn't been an issue anymore.

I attached my USBMap.kext for a 2nd pair of eyes to look at.

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hellos to all. I just returned from a long trip abroad (3.5 weeks), and my hackintosh Ethernet is no longer working (macOS 12.3.1, Gigabyte z690 Aorus Master, Marvell® AQtion AQC113C LAN chip). In order to get it to work before, if I was coming from Windows, I needed to do a hard manual reset (unplug the power cord and wait 5-10 seconds) or it wouldn't recognize the Ethernet cable as plugged in. That no longer works and I'm stuck.
Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Back