Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

This is a VERY long thread... has anyone nailed down a guide for setting up Clover for the Alder Lake CPU's on Z690 mainboards yet?
Compared to the 3300+ pages Golden Build for the Z390 Designare, where a lot of good Thunderbolt things happened, this thread is very short, and an awful lot has been achieved in less than one month. Now topped with a hot new kext to have all cores and hyperthreading.

Congratulations to the Acidanthera team if they manage a complete release of OpenCore 0.7.6 with the matching documentation :mrgreen: by tomorrow evening, according to their usual schedule. This might be a bit tight…

For those who want to use Clover, an EFI for MSI Z690 Pro-A can be found at InsanelyMac. No full guide, but at least a confirmation that Clover and SSDT-CPUR-Z690.aml can do it for Alder Lake.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 77
  • CpuTopologySync.kext.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 50
Can't make it work. But thank you!

Latest Lilu from master is mandatory!

Can't make it work. But thank you!
I'm also unable to boot with latest Lilu and CpuTopologySync (using my local compiled build) -- and kernel patch. Combinations I've tried:
  • Fake CPU ID (Cpu1Data and Cpu1Mask) -- this is still needed
  • ProvideCurrentCpuInfo enabled/disabled -- no difference
Perhaps kext order matters? I'm currently injecting CpuTopologySync immediately after Lilu.

Update: It works!

Last edited:
I'm also unable to boot with latest Lilu and CpuTopologySync (using my local compiled build) -- and kernel patch. Combinations I've tried:
  • Fake CPU ID (Cpu1Data and Cpu1Mask) -- this is still needed
  • ProvideCurrentCpuInfo enabled/disabled -- no difference
Perhaps kext order matters? I'm currently injecting CpuTopologySync immediately after Lilu.

I tried all the ways. Same result. He is not using ProvideCurrentCpuInfo, different Cpu1Data (it works for me but same result) and CpuTopologySync immediately after Lilu.

I tried all the ways. Same result. He is not using ProvideCurrentCpuInfo, different Cpu1Data (it works for me but same result) and CpuTopologySync immediately after Lilu.

** It Works! **

From Page 3 of this thread, Nov 4:
@CaseySJ is z690 hackintosh doable with the E cores present? thoughts on it?
Dec 5: Yes its doable with all P-cores, E-cores, and HT enabled. But macOS scheduler still treats all cores the same; it won't schedule more demanding and less demanding tasks to the most appropriate processor.

Back