Hey!
Here's an instruction for you:
disable consumption limits
overclock P-cores and E-cores
turn off hyper-threading
get 15000+ points.
:)
Hey Bro, but in W11, i get this results 2k/16k.... only on macOS 2k/13k... :(

I ended up reading all the pages in this thread, and from what I found, there is no way to enable the 24 threads (8p+8e+ht) using Opencore + macOS, does that right?
Correct, and that answers your other question.
Hey Bro, but in W11, i get this results 2k/16k.... only on macOS 2k/13k... :(
If you have a CPU-specific SSDT-PLUG-ALT, macOS only sees and uses P-cores and their hyperthreads but not the E-cores, even though these are enabled in BIOS. Windows 11 sees and uses all cores, and thus gets an extra 3k of multithreaded performance from the E-cores.
Unless someone finds a way to bypass the topology check and validate P+HT+E in macOS, there's no way the performance of macOS on AlderLake can come closer to that of Windows or Linux on the same hardware.

Did you load Windows 10/11 with 0 E-cores? On my MSI Z690 + 12500K the CPU is heating too hard without E-cores in Windows.
I have installed Windows 11 with 0 E-cores, however, it seems quite normal. Geekbench 5 score is almost same as one with Monterey.

This is a VERY long thread... has anyone nailed down a guide for setting up Clover for the Alder Lake CPU's on Z690 mainboards yet?

This is a VERY long thread... has anyone nailed down a guide for setting up Clover for the Alder Lake CPU's on Z690 mainboards yet?
you would be better off using OpenCore

If this is long, read this:

Last edited:
Look for Casey's Z690 build in Golden Builds. It's OpenCore based. I doubt that anyone will be using Clover with a Z690 system. It's probably not even ready yet. OC is a much better choice right now.

Perhaps, the user with 16k geekbench score has a much faster DDR5?

Perhaps, the user with 16k geekbench score has a much faster DDR5?

I belive that no have ddr5.

My results in W11, are around 2k single-core and 16,5k multi-core.

My results in macOS, area around 2k single-core buuut, 12k ~ 13k in multi-core, because macOS don't see E-Cores.

Back