Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

We have retired a lot of the risk of building Alder Lake Hackintosh, but these issues remain:
  • Only one sleep/wake cycle. Second wake will reboot computer.
  • Each login into Monterey may complain that system was shut down due to a problem (just ignore this).
  • Maple Ridge Thunderbolt support can vary quite a bit from board to board. Thunderbolt hot plug may or may not work, but @Elias64Fr has a crazy-sophisticated SSDT that gives us some hope.
  • Cannot enable all three of these at the same time: P-cores, E-cores, Hyper Threading.
  • On-board Intel WiFi is supported by latest OpenIntelWireless driver, but at WiFi 5 speed.
  • On-board Intel Bluetooth is notcurrently supported by OpenIntelWireless driver.
    • Fenvi FV-T919 still recommended.
We're eagerly waiting for next version of OpenCore to see what the wizards at Acidanthera are able to achieve.

Thanks for reminding all the potential problems... I've been following this thread very carefully, and I think you guys are the best. Honestly I see you as the real wizards (like you call the guys from Acidenthera) :)

I like living on the edge you know.... I get bored if I don't get new challenges.... and in the end if something is not perfect to use as Hackintosh, my 12 year old Son will have an amazing gaming PC :)

About Bluetooth and WiFi, forgot to mention before that I was already planning to buy a Fenvi card instead of trying to use native WiFi and Bluetooth.

This gets my vote as well (BCM94360NG). I've been using this in my B550 Vision D for over a year without issue. Plug-and-play.
I don't know why my previous message was deleted, I was friendly with mate @MatiCohen, I thought I can just bring it with me for him in December..perhaps was deleted by mistake by a moderator...

Last edited:
- Only one sleep/wake cycle. Second wake will reboot computer.
This could be a Gigabyte bug more so than an Acidanthera bug. Even with Z590, the Vision D on the public BIOSes F5 and later have the same one cycle sleep bug. I have an unreleased T Bios that sleeps just fine however...

Gigabyte states it only validates its motherboards for Windows... and Windows sleeps fine so they haven't released a solution yet.

We need to test sleep (in macOS) on Asus / MSI z690 (and possibly other Gigabyte z690 boards too) to have a more accurate picture.

So, at these stage, these Z690 boards are really almost all the same. One USB-based audio codec here, an i225V or ACQ113C NIC there… Not much to change in the config.plist, and nothing in the base SSDTs.
Another complication has come up:
  • According to vit9696, Asus Z690F uses 0x00000510 as the processor address.
  • Gigabyte boards we've encountered thus far use 0x00001810.

I don't know bro why my previous message was deleted, I was friendly with mate @MatiCohen, I thought i can just bring it with me for him in December..perhaps was deleted by mistake by a moderator...
It may have been removed due to this:

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 2.46.32 PM.png

Because it would be necessary for you to obtain the other person's contact information, it would violate this rule.

@Middleman,

On your Asus Z690, which address are you using in SSDT-CPUR-Z690.aml:
  • 0x00000510
or
  • 0x00001810

@Middleman,

On your Asus Z690, which address are you using in SSDT-CPUR-Z690.aml:
  • 0x00000510
or
  • 0x00001810
I've just checked it, it shows up as 00000690...

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 7.05.13 AM.png

...when in fact I should be using 00001800 because in my FACP.aml
it shows up as 00001800

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 7.07.10 AM.png

Back