intel core i9 12900k
kingston nv2 1 tb ssd nvme pcie
gigabyte radeon rx6600xt
kingston kc600 1tb ssd
cooler master 850w
cooler master sickleflow 120mm
cooler master g200p
and case braveman b2 plus imitation mac pro 7.1

need their opinions, is a good configuration for install ventura? need add any more?

thank you so much.
Everything on this list looks okay to me.

One word of caution:
  • Hopefully the Gigabyte Z690i AORUS Ultra will come with an older BIOS
  • When you receive the board, do not upgrade BIOS
  • Instead, tell us the BIOS version so we can advise you

Everything on this list looks okay to me.

One word of caution:
  • Hopefully the Gigabyte Z690i AORUS Ultra will come with an older BIOS
  • When you receive the board, do not upgrade BIOS
  • Instead, tell us the BIOS version so we can advise you
Thank you so much. I just bought the z690i yesterday. When I have everything, I'll put the BIOS version here.

Hi all

Successful build ... but not completely successful:

ASUS Z790P - WIFI ( I did motherboard bios update :( )
INTEL I5-13600K

The problem is the under windows the performance is double the performance benchmark under macOS ! it seems not to use the higher frequency of the P-Cores of this processor.

I use CPUTopologyRebuild.kext I have tried with CpuFriends but the performance is even slower

I am using SSDT-PLUG-ALT.asl, but not the SSDT-PLUG.aml ( its in the folder but it is disable from the config.plist ), I have never tried to enable it, I think it need to be worked eventually

Attaching my EFI
test cpu i5-13600k under windows.PNG
Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 13.03.41.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    46.4 MB · Views: 48
Hi, are you using CpuTopologyRebuild.kext together with CPUFriend.kext and CPUFirendDataProvider.kext? I have the same, i7 13700KF. When using the kexts CPUFriend and CPUFriendDataProvider from my previous i9 12900K build, the results are lower, without CPUFriend.kext and CPUFirendDataProvider.kext, but with CpuTopologyRebuild.kext enabled it seems to go higher.
I have the same . but in my case ( 13600k) the result is still lower than Windows CpuBenchmark is 28000 vs 41000

Did anyone try CpuTopologyRebuild kext? I got a slight uplift in both Cinebench (+300pts) and Geekbench on my 13900KF (Hyperthreading off) using it.

View attachment 563548
hey yes. but still my 13600k is well under the windows performances ( I have a dual boot so I can quickly test the differences. I am using https://www.cpubenchmark.net/ and under MacOs I have 28000 , while under windows 41.000. without Cputopologyrebuild I have even lower around 22000 so half the Windows

Hi all

Successful build ... but not completely successful:

ASUS Z790P - WIFI ( I did motherboard bios update :( )
INTEL I5-13600K

The problem is the under windows the performance is double the performance benchmark under macOS ! it seems not to use the higher frequency of the P-Cores of this processor.

I use CPUTopologyRebuild.kext I have tried with CpuFriends but the performance is even slower

I am using SSDT-PLUG-ALT.asl, but not the SSDT-PLUG.aml ( its in the folder but it is disable from the config.plist ), I have never tried to enable it, I think it need to be worked eventually

Attaching my EFIView attachment 565473View attachment 565472
I have 40172 -- no overclocking. What CPU friend data/topology are you using?

*I did have a little undervolting happening bc I use such a small case atm. So with out that score should be even higher.

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2023-4-5 kello 20.44.38.png
    Näyttökuva 2023-4-5 kello 20.44.38.png
    487.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I have 40172 -- no overclocking. What CPU friend data/topology are you using?
My Cpu Friend / topology is in the attached EFI folder, have a look, I have generated it with CpuFriendFriend. but is disabled now in the config.plist because I have lower performance with it. So I have just enabled the CPUTopologyRebuild.kext

40000 without overclocking ??? can you send me your EFI please so that I can compare ? ah 1 thing go note I am using the MacPro7,1 , while you are using the iMac.... can be here the difference ?

You need CPUFriend and its data provider for managing turbo. There's no need to make your own data provider, the standard one should be good enough.
From previous reports, CPUTopologyRebuilt makes a marginal impact, at best.

SSDT-PLUG is not even necessary since Monterey 12.3, and its function is incorporated into SSDT-PLUG-ALT anyway.

You need CPUFriend and its data provider for managing tubo.
From previous reports, CPUTopologyRebuilt makes a marginal impact, at best.

SSDT-PLUG is not even necessary since Monterey 12.3, and its function is incorporated into SSDT-PLUG-ALT anyway.
Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 20.00.47.png
I have this, but disabled. because as I mentioned before if I enable them the performance is even less. is something that I am forgetting. do I need a boot-args for CPUFriend to work apart of enabling it in the kernel ?

I have this, but disabled. because as I mentioned before if I enable them the performance is even less. is something that I am forgetting. do I need a boot-args for CPUFriend to work apart of enabling it in the kernel ?
Honestly not sure witch one this was - might have been the imac20,1 fixed version or manual topology on iMac Pro (both from this thread). Nevertheless should work with Mac Pro smbios as well.

From my perspective, CPUTopologyRebuilt has worked awesome(ly). I work mainly on single threaded tasks with ie photoshop and with that the performance is noticeably better. Not talking about scores, but real life usage.

Attachments

• CPUFriendDataProvider.kext.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 84
Back