Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Hello gents

I need to upgrade from my signature to a 12th gen + Gaming X DDD4, but have very little time to start from scratch at the moment.
In your opinion, could it work if I:
1) make a backup
2) de-authorize all of the apps I bought which are tied to my current system
3) replace my EFI folder with the correct one -I was thinking to use @andyxm715's one (Andy, do you mind?) or @ori69's or @bestplay's - just trying to figure out the easiest way to get it running :|

Last edited:
Hello gents

I need to upgrade from my signature to a 12th gen + Gaming X DDD4, but have very little time to start from scratch at the moment.
In your opinion, could it work if I:
1) make a backup
2) de-authorize all of the apps I bought which are tied to my current system
3) replace my EFI folder with the correct one -I was thinking to use @andyxm715's one (Andy, do you mind?) or @ori69's or @bestplay's - just trying to figure out the easiest way to get it running :|
I have been marking all my hackintoshes as iMac Pro 1.1 for many years. Thanks to this, I don't have to change the serial number. This is how I switched from Z590i to Z690 Gaming X. Then fewer programs are re-authorization.

Why is that ?
Why change? If we have the same type of MAC platform, we can keep the same MLB, SystemSerialNumber i SystemUUID.

New test i9 13900K:
Cinebench 13900K.png

13900K.png

I have been marking all my hackintoshes as iMac Pro 1.1 for many years. Thanks to this, I don't have to change the serial number. This is how I switched from Z590i to Z690 Gaming X. Then fewer programs are re-authorization.
Thanks for your reply.
I need to change from iMac20,2 to iMacPro1,1 (or Mac Pro, it seems most folks go for Mac Pro on 12th gen) so if I just replace EFI folder I should be good to go, no? Of course, configuring it as it has to be.

I found the EFI you posted back at the beginning of January - USB mapping needs to be done, right? is the EFI updated and ready to go with a 12900k or did you do any improvement?

Me too....Should be a drop in to the Z690 boards, but it will be interesting to see if the Z790 MBs work too.
I’ve been waiting myself for three reasons;
1) I’d prefer to invest in DDR5 and the prices are only now STARTING to become reasonable
2) I’m still concerned about 4 sticks and XMP… don’t think I‘ve seen definitively this is resolved on z690
3) Will z790 boards be worth the squeeze over a 690

Back