Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

The IORegistry screenshot indicates that the Thunderbolt SSDT is not being injected. This could happen if:
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml is missing from EFI/OC/ACPI and/or unchecked in config.plist --> ACPI --> Add
  • SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml is not enabled in config.plist --> ACPI --> Add
Because of this, hot plug will not be available.
Well, I get the award for missing the easiest to fix, overlooked solution. I was working off a USB boot drive and forgot I had a version of the SSDT that supports Maple Ridge instead of the Titan Ridge 2 card. So I kind of feel dumb but also very happy because the card works perfectly now. Thanks again, @CaseySJ!

Last edited:
Hello -
So I have finished assembling my new system and started to prep with making the bootable usb for Monterey. I am following @CaseySJ’s instructions per his Asus Z690 ProArt Golden Build description.

When I try to make the USB bootable I get the error message “The bless of the installer disk failed.”

Just as a check I tried making a bootable USB for Mojave, and it worked… so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Has anyone else had this issue? Attaching the screen of error message.

Attachments

• 44548459-4F4D-498F-9868-8ADEF26AAE65.jpeg
    44548459-4F4D-498F-9868-8ADEF26AAE65.jpeg
    11 MB · Views: 45
Hello -
So I have finished assembling my new system and started to prep with making the bootable usb for Monterey. I am following @CaseySJ’s instructions per his Asus Z690 ProArt Golden Build description.

When I try to make the USB bootable I get the error message “The bless of the installer disk failed.”

Just as a check I tried making a bootable USB for Mojave, and it worked… so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

you will also need to replace your unsupported Nvidia card

Hello -

Hello @OptimaLemon,

Some questions:
  • What is the size of the USB flash disk? Is it 32GB or larger?
  • Was the USB flash disk formatted with Disk Utility?
  • If so, was "Scheme" in Disk Utility set to GUID Partition Map?

Hello @OptimaLemon,

Some questions:
  • What is the size of the USB flash disk? Is it 32GB or larger?
  • Was the USB flash disk formatted with Disk Utility?
  • If so, was "Scheme" in Disk Utility set to GUID Partition Map?
Hi CaseySJ-
  1. Using a 32gb usb3 flash drive
  2. Yes, formatted with disk utility in macOS
  3. Yes, GUID Partition & macOS journaled extended
Similar to your golden build I tried with downloading 12.3.1 and it worked. For some reason it doesn’t like 12.4. I tried both builds (can’t remember them at the moment). Some posts on the Apple forums mentioned that one of the 12.4 builds was specifically for the Apple proprietary m1/2 chips. Whether that’s the case or not there is clearly something else happening that I’m not getting.

Since I was able to successfully create a bootable disk with 12.3.1, I’ve just been working on learning opencore. Quite different from clover!

Hi CaseySJ,
I took your Asus Z690i config.plist, and modified it so that I replaced the Ethernet/wifi under the Device Properties and Patch sections. Because I did not replace the onboard Intel WiFi module like you did, I am resorting to the AirportItlwm kext. Would you mind taking a peek at my config.plist and see if I did it correctly? Attached in this post.

I took a crash course on Opencore and and prep work in the config.plist so it is most likely I did something wrong.

First screen print is of what I replaced the kexts with.

Second screen print is of the Device Properties adjustments in config.plist.

Last screen print is of the patch section (removed the 3rd section child 2 with the antiqua parameters). Also modified some of the values based on the Dortania guide for the Intel I225V spoof.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 7.06.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 7.06.15 PM.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 7.10.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 7.10.54 PM.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 7.12.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 7.12.13 PM.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 54
  • config.plist
    37.1 KB · Views: 35
Hi CaseySJ,
I took your Asus Z690i config.plist, and modified it so that I replaced the Ethernet/wifi under the Device Properties and Patch sections. Because I did not replace the onboard Intel WiFi module like you did, I am resorting to the AirportItlwm kext. Would you mind taking a peek at my config.plist and see if I did it correctly? Attached in this post.

I took a crash course on Opencore and and prep work in the config.plist so it is most likely I did something wrong.

First screen print is of what I replaced the kexts with.

Second screen print is of the Device Properties adjustments in config.plist.

Last screen print is of the patch section (removed the 3rd section child 2 with the antiqua parameters). Also modified some of the values based on the Dortania guide for the Intel I225V spoof.
Apologies I realize my post seems very scattered. I have been scouring Dortania’s guide on OpenCore. I did not realize I should have specified how I am editing my config.plist. I am using Proper Tree as recommended in Dortania’s guide.

As I am trying learn this I am getting confused. Is Hackintool meant to be used to modify the config.plist? Some guides have shown using OpenCore Configurator to modify it. However, if I am correctly cobbling all the instructions, the config file saved after setting up my in Hackintool this will be used to be open/load into OpenCore.

Is this your recommendation?

Apologies I realize my post seems very scattered. I have been scouring Dortania’s guide on OpenCore. I did not realize I should have specified how I am editing my config.plist. I am using Proper Tree as recommended in Dortania’s guide.

As I am trying learn this I am getting confused. Is Hackintool meant to be used to modify the config.plist? Some guides have shown using OpenCore Configurator to modify it. However, if I am correctly cobbling all the instructions, the config file saved after setting up my in Hackintool this will be used to be open/load into OpenCore.
Dortania is a very good guide -- they work with the OpenCore developers to maintain the site, which makes them a reference. However, their stance against the use of configurators is puzzling and outdated. We should use OpenCore Configurator, but realize that each version of this app supports only two versions of OpenCore. It is essential to use the correct version. If in doubt, look simply at the app's "Title Bar" to see which version of OpenCore is being supported. In the screenshots below we can see "0.8.2 Development Configuration", but if you're using 0.8.1 Release version, then change the app's "Preferences" to 0.8.1.

Here are some suggestions after reviewing your config.plist:

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 8.44.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 8.45.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 8.48.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 8.49.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 8.51.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 8.53.29 AM.png

@OptimaLemon - Just to add to CaseySJ's thorough reply - I've read that some users are having success with OCAuxiliaryTools (OCAT for short), which can be used to modify OpenCore's config.plist and other files.

This seems to be a new configuration tool, that can also update your kexts, and make changes to your config.plist to bring it up-to-date: Link below:

ye been using OCAT for awhile now for updating OC and Kexts works well

Back