Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

It not work with the driver.
Have you enabled the kernel patch for the Apple Aquantia kext? In Catalina, my pcie-based Aquantia 10 gb ethernet worked fine. But with Big Sur it stopped. No amount of spoofing the class code or device id worked. There exists code in the driver that needs to be patched to bypass certain checks.

The following patch was needed for Big Sur+:

1637433132248.png

This patch worked with AQC107, but I've never had an AQC113 to test...

Have you tried this patch?

Have you enabled the kernel patch for the Apple Aquantia kext? In Catalina, my pcie-based Aquantia 10 gb ethernet worked fine. But with Big Sur it stopped. No amount of spoofing the class code or device id worked. There exists code in the driver that needs to be patched to bypass certain checks.

The following patch was needed for Big Sur+:

View attachment 535118
This patch worked with AQC107, but I've never had an AQC113 to test...

Have you tried this patch?
Doesn't work, but thanx.

@StefanAM

I have replied to your issue about Thunderbolt SSDT in my build thread.

Little lowering of memory timings.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    671.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 2.png
    2.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 3.png
    3.png
    190.5 KB · Views: 87
I don't know if it will work for everyone, but I have P+E+HT activated now.
I kept only 16 processors in SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml and use If (_OSI ("Darwin")) for having HT in windows and linux.
I think it is a good start. Have fun!
Cool. Can you share the *.aml, I’d like to take a look if not too much trouble.

@StefanAM one last question, these 16 "processors", are they the 8 Golden Cove P-cores plus their corresponding hyper threads (16 threads)? Or are the Gracemont cores also here too as well?

@StefanAM one last question, these 16 "processors", are they the 8 Golden Cove P-cores plus their corresponding hyper threads (16 threads)? Or are the Gracemont cores also here too as well?
Because they are contiguously numbered, I believe they are 8 P-cores with their Hyper Threads: 8P + 8H.

Because they are contiguously numbered, I believe they are 8 P-cores with their Hyper Threads: 8P + 8H.
I will test when I get home. Thanks!

It would be amazing if Intel’s hybrid x86 performance inspires apple to come back… and they update that pesky x86_validate_topology() as well as add maple ridge support to the kernel...

But even if apple doesn’t come back, I’m glad to see Intel get serious about delivering good products to the ecosystem.

We all will benefit. AMD has been amazing as well.

Back