Graphics
ATI Radeon 6950 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I can't seem to get anything but a white screen when trying to install Mountain Lion with Unibeast 1.5.1.

My setup is:
i7 2600k
Z68XP-UD4
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB

This is my first attempt at a hackintosh, since Lion didn't work with my graphics card, but it was my understanding that Mountain Lion was supposed to come with support for 6900 series cards?

I can't seem to get anything but a white screen when trying to install Mountain Lion with Unibeast 1.5.1.

My setup is:
i7 2600k
Z68XP-UD4
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB

This is my first attempt at a hackintosh, since Lion didn't work with my graphics card, but it was my understanding that Mountain Lion was supposed to come with support for 6900 series cards?

Mac is suppose to do a lot of things but don't lol.

Delete the ati6000controller.kext from your unibeast usb in s/l/e
then try to install using graphicsenabler=no after you install use kext beast to install the ati6000controller back onto your mountain lion partition so save it to your desktop.

By the way. There are at least over 100 threads about your EXACT problem.... Please use the search function.

No that is not it. The Radeon 6950, as far as I can tell is NOT supported. At least that is what I have read. I tried on AFTER the install on this exact same board and it gave me nothing more than a white screen. This isn't an ATI6000Controller.kext issue, I'm pretty sure.

So if someone knows how to make them work, please let us know. I have one sitting in a box :( Using a 6870 instead.

I have the 6850 i'm using right now and I had nothing but white screen doing the kext removal like everyone said.

The ONLY way I can boot into ML is by doing it this way, perhaps it will help you too.

delete the kext like usual but instead of uniboot use xmove ML and put it on a 8gb partition.

I take it you know how to install xmove. After when booting up I had to use graphicsenabler=no aticonfig=pithecia or I would white screen every time.

Hope you find your problem.

[edit] every card has a different personality. test out the different configs and maybe your white screen will go away.

Thank you for everyone's help. I was able to get ML installed thanks to taylorwatson18's instructions. Sorry for making a new thread, the threads I found using search were about Lion, not ML, so I thought maybe the solution would be different. I was under the impression that 6900 series cards were supported because of posts such as this one: netkas.org » Cayman works natively in 10.8 on netkas.org.

Despite using kext beast to install the ati6000controller back onto mountain lion after getting it installed, I still get a white screen when I boot unless using the graphicsenabler=no workaround.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for everyone's help. I was able to get ML installed thanks to taylorwatson18's instructions. Sorry for making a new thread, the threads I found using search were about Lion, not ML, so I thought maybe the solution would be different. I was under the impression that 6900 series cards were supported because of posts such as this one: netkas.org » Cayman works natively in 10.8 on netkas.org.

Despite using kext beast to install the ati6000controller back onto mountain lion after getting it installed, I still get a white screen when I boot unless using the graphicsenabler=no workaround.

Any suggestions?

If you do the aticonfig even with graphicsenabler=No your system should still be able to define your graphics cards.

Here is a link to a custom ati6000controller.kext

This should solve your problems.

Cheers!

ATI6000Controller.kext.zip

[edit] make sure you go in and delete your existing ati6000controller.kext before you install this one

Replaced the old kext with the one you linked but I am still getting the white screen on boot. What do you mean by aticonfig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back