CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Hello, nice to see the forum grow up like this.

Z68x-UD3H-B3, i7-2700k, 8GB RAM, only IGPU now. The system boots fine in my old Lion Disk but the Yosemite disk got damaged and I wont meddle with it before saveguarding the data.

I need to create an external Yosemite disk as a data recovery and first aid volume. I'm using the standard Unibeast yosemite guide, Chameleon install as per guide with Unibeast 5.2.0. BIOS optimized defaults, Booting the chameleon USB stick and starting verbose. The extensions enumeration goes then at the boot-args line the computer crashes and resets to BIOS.

I have tried different USB ports, different parameters (x, v, f, maxmem4096, PCIRootUID 0,1, cpus=1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, npci 0x2000), without any chance to bypass that boot-args crash. That boot-args line refers to kextdevmode=1 and something other that i cant catch in the fast flash.

The problem appears even if theres no other disk than the USB drive attached to the computer.

I dont want to move to Clover only as a last resort. I like how my system works with Chameleon and I intend to stay like this untill significant hardware failure.

If you have any pointers, let me know what to do to bypass the dreadlock and start the unibeast install. Thanks in advance

Last edited: