Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Anybody tried these updates? My USB 3.0 is not working it gives power but not data?

Stick with F10 until we can update the DSDT Database. Matter of fact, use the modified F10 DSDT with the Sleep/Wake-up fix here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50063

Stork said:
Stick with F10 until we can update the DSDT Database. Matter of fact, use the modified F10 DSDT with the Sleep/Wake-up fix here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50063
Oh wow nice. I was looking for something like this. Are these safe to use? I only ask that because they are listed as "beta testing". I will definitely check it out, I am tired of waiting for my USB ports to work after sleep wake.

they work great, and fix pretty much all the sleep issues i previously had where the USB wouldn't work until i unplugged/plugged back in.

Thanks a Mil Stark.

I did try that DSDT fix. it didn't work for me.

Sort of...

If I use framebuffer personality=Pithecia, Lion recognizes my Video card as AMD HD 6570 but sleep doesn't work. It goes crazy, I have to restart system.

If I don't use framebuffer personality, Lion recognizes videocard as 6XXX and sleep works. Another problem I am experiencing is system becomes very slow after sleep.
USB 2.0 works 3 doesn't work in either case.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: till I find right solution.

it might be out, but until there is a DSDT for it i would not bother with it. to update the firmware, all you have to do is stick the new bios on a USB or SATA drive that is formated as FAT32 and make sure you've updated your DSDT.aml from the database and put it in /Extra.

i recommend staying with F10 until an updated DSDT is out for F12 BIOS.

What are the pros and cons of updating the BIOS?

I have a z68x ud4 b3 and am still running F6, but notice there is a F9 available. Is it worth it to bump up for any reason? I have no clue how to update bios, so maybe that will scale your advice...

Sasquatch00 said:
What are the pros and cons of updating the BIOS?

I have a z68x ud4 b3 and am still running F6, but notice there is a F9 available. Is it worth it to bump up for any reason? I have no clue how to update bios, so maybe that will scale your advice...

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFLRCwhjujM[/VIDEO]

Pros-- BIOS fixes and updates for hardware (mobo)

Cons-- Bricking your board.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

you can read the bios release notes on the gigabyte site and see if they might match an issue you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back