Contribute
Register

z68-ud3h-b3: Gray apple screen at hd boot and unibeast boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
Type:  mount -uw /    <=== make the disk writable
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions   <=== change the focus of our activity to the Extensions folder
Type:  mv AppleTyMCEDriver.kext AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.bak   <=== rename the kext so it is not recognized as a kext (disabling it)
Type:  cd ../      <=== back up one folder
Type:  touch Extensions   <=== tell OSX the kernelcache needs to be updated

Very sorry for this late reply on your last post but thank you, now i understand !

To be honest,

Choosing the right mac profile in Multibeast always puzzled me.
I just couldn't find a clear explanation about the different mac profiles and what to choose best for my HT.
So i just choose 5.1 cause it's the highest in ranking (or so, whatever .. :0)

I will try macpro 3,1 or imac 12,2 and see if it performs better.

Sorry, i am still quite a noob in this stuff.
I just don't have the time to sort this kind of stuff out thoroughly.
So i am very grateful to all the people in this community that are so kind to help me out with my issues / questions !

Robbie

iMac 12.2 works well also, I just heard 3.1 had more C states, but that may not be true. If you have a 2500/2600 CPU and and 6850, then the iMac 12.2 is almost identical hardware wise. If you seeing the hd3000 graphics then use macmini5.1.

I'm having a similar problem, I just built a new PC and am trying to install mountain lion and when it starts to load the installer, I get the grey screen that says "You must restart your computer by holding down the power button" I can't seem to get past that screen.

I ran the -v and it says:

photo.jpg

Please help!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back