Contribute
Register

Z590 w/ 11th Gen Intel Rocket Lake CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to let you guys know. My only viable workaround I could find was downgrading from i5 11500 to a i5 10400 CPU. Glad the guys from the store i bought my setup from was okay with exchanging. Do you guys think its a good idea? And also, how is the stability on that HD Graphics 630 on Big Sur? Would future updates kill my setup since I'm not running a dedicated graphics driver?

I should clarify, I've never seen it on the 570 or 580, but the XFX are notorious not to work well with Hackintosh

Yes that works OOB on minimum 11.4. How much did it run you? I'd love one too. Thinking the 5700 XT might be more in budget but the jump is generational to the 6000 series. Unfortunately the 6700 XT doesn't work with macOS yet
I initially bought a 6700XT but it does not work with Hackintosh so my son scored that for his gaming PC, the 6800XT cost me $1700NZD with free shipping. It is mostly priced around the 2K mark here in New Zealand so this was a good score. It should last me for a good few years if hackintoshing is still around.

just to let you guys know. My only viable workaround I could find was downgrading from i5 11500 to a i5 10400 CPU. Glad the guys from the store i bought my setup from was okay with exchanging. Do you guys think its a good idea? And also, how is the stability on that HD Graphics 630 on Big Sur? Would future updates kill my setup since I'm not running a dedicated graphics driver?
Brutha it'll be stable and it'll run for years to come. The UHD 630 was released in an actual iMac in 2020. You're set.
That's the only other idea I thought of too

alright i appreciate the immediate response. but does anyone know whethe i5-10500 iGPU works on a z590 board?

UHD630 should be fine. I use the IGPU as well on my i7 10700K and it works with no issues.
alright i appreciate the immediate response. but does anyone know whethe i5-10500 iGPU works on a z590 board?
On a Z590 you might run into issues. The 500 series mobo has been giving issues. Maybe check on Hackindrom as I know there is an EFI there for the Z590, chat to @CaseySJ for help.

It should just fine. I'm using a Z590 without igpu so that's not far off, just a couple device properties. I thought you were using it with a Z590 board. Are you using a Z490 board?

nope. Running it on i5-11500 on z590 mainboard, GeForce 3060. I dont think that iGPU on this processor wont get any support in the future. So im probably gonna have to get another separate card right?

nope. Running it on i5-11500 on z590 mainboard, GeForce 3060. I dont think that iGPU on this processor wont get any support in the future. So im probably gonna have to get another separate card right?
correct

I am so glad we are making progress on this and i would like a little help with mine please. Here are my specs and i cant seen to get it to even boot. any suggestions on how to get this working properly, thank you in advance

MSI-MPG-Z590M Gaming Board
11th Gen I7-11700K
SABRENT ROCKET NVME 4.0-500GB
32GB OF SILICON POWER DDR4
RX-580
Fenvi Wifi & BT
MSI 240MM LIQUID COOLER
GAMEMAX 850W POWER SUPPLY

Attachments

• config.plist
    21.5 KB · Views: 153
I am so glad we are making progress on this and i would like a little help with mine please. Here are my specs and i cant seen to get it to even boot. any suggestions on how to get this working properly, thank you in advance

MSI-MPG-Z590M Gaming Board
11th Gen I7-11700K
SABRENT ROCKET NVME 4.0-500GB
32GB OF SILICON POWER DDR4
RX-580
Fenvi Wifi & BT
MSI 240MM LIQUID COOLER
GAMEMAX 850W POWER SUPPLY
you may need to fake the CPU:
Code:
<key>Emulate</key>
        <dict>