Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

Is the problem with UHD630 with a 10-generation processor on Motherboards Z590 already solved?

Is the problem with UHD630 with a 10-generation processor on Motherboards Z590 already solved?
Z590 is actually 11th generation and it contains an unsupported UHD750 based on Xe architecture. By the way, I tried spoofing the 12-gen UHD770 into a UHD630, which caused total boot failure.

Z590 is actually 11th generation and it contains an unsupported UHD750 based on Xe architecture. By the way, I tried spoofing the 12-gen UHD770 into a UHD630, which caused total boot failure.
So UHD 630 with 10 generation processor only on Motherboards from z490?

One thing we can try is to fix an ACPI table loading problem. Although there is no evidence that it will fix the problem you're reporting, it is certainly worth doing as a first step.

Simply run this command in Terminal:
Bash:
log show --last boot | head -1500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
This will create a file in Documents folder called bootlog.txt. Simply post that file.
Hello! Here I made 2 files, one just turned on the machine with the error BEFORE the panic
and another when the panic occurs and the uad appears!

Attachments

• bootlog AFTER PANIC UAD OK.txt
    266.4 KB · Views: 280
  • bootlog BEFORE Panic NO UAD TB3.txt
    265.7 KB · Views: 41
So UHD 630 with 10 generation processor only on Motherboards from z490?
I'm not fully plugged in to context here, but to answer your question directly as it stands:

10th gen, z590, UHD 630 works fine for VDADecode. WhateverGreen recognizes it by default with proper framebuffer, eg:

Code:
Devices
  Properties
    PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
      AAPL,ig-platform-id 03009B3E

(This is from memory hope its not wrong double check before using)

I have seen single resolution, mirrored, no-acceleration display output via HDMI and DP over type-C. This requires addition of a couple more properties. The required lore is covered previously on this thread. I spent days trying but never found lore that enabled full UHD 630 display support. Yet it's not ruled out! The proper settings just may not have yet been discovered. I lack the chops to really test. Like many users I added a dGPU to make the most of this expensive kit, so working headless iGPU is the sweetspot and good to go with min fuss.

Reviewing the WhateverGreen docs is not a waste of time:

OTOH per 11th gen, Acidanthera status report from around June 2021 (thereabouts) said clearly that Rocket Lake iGPU was never going work per WhateverGreen.

It's a strange time because of transitions across 3 major releases of IA — 10th, 11th, 12th — in six months, plus Apple dropping the bomb of bye-bye Intel. Exciting times, with dimming prospects.

NOTE TO SELF

The vibe I get from reading the docs of the key patch developers is of a scene that's run its course and is winding down. I'm not on Discord so can't say for sure. But there's clearly a line between tonymacx86.com and the community that creates the core patches that make hacks possible. I'm mystified to find there's not much connection on these forums to the wellspring of talent which makes hackintosh possible. Or maybe I should say there's less acknowledgement here than I would expect of a community with such a major dependency on that talent which happens to reside elsewhere. I don't know the internecine history, but the core patch developers seem totally disconnected from this scene. Too bad about this because it means everything here is lore, when a generational advance requires understanding.

I'm not putting down the clubhouse. But the gap is obvious and growing.

There's one thing I find truly amazing about these scenes, and that is how the forum structure leads to the same questions being re-asked forever and the knowledge to answer those questions actually being forgotten. The great physicist Richard Feynman coined the term "cargo cult" for certain pacific islands tribes adaptation to arrival of US army atomic test operations. Lore is being forgotten here faster than than it's being discovered. I notice the same over at Macrumors Unsupported forums, which happens to run on same platform. Knowledge goes into these forums and bobs around for a while, then sinks.

Interestingly, it's the same with MSM news culture.

Carry on!

Hey @CaseySJ can you help me with Z590I VISION D ? Can't understand I have problem if I install dGPU I can't get any display view from any dGPU ports, I don't even see BIOS preboot screen, maybe have some tips?

Hey @CaseySJ can you help me with Z590I VISION D ? Can't understand I have problem if I install dGPU I can't get any display view from any dGPU ports, I don't even see BIOS preboot screen, maybe have some tips?
Some comments:
  • In BIOS, Initial Display Output should be set to PCIe 1 Slot.
  • If using RX 5000 series or RX 6000 series of GPUs, agdpmod=pikera must be added to boot-args.

Some comments:
  • In BIOS, Initial Display Output should be set to PCIe 1 Slot.
  • If using RX 5000 series or RX 6000 series of GPUs, agdpmod=pikera must be added to boot-args.
I can not find such a settings on Z590I BIOS, I think there is no such an option. How do you get to these settings?
I have two GPU and with both same result - XFX RX580 4GB XXX GTS and GIGABYTE RX570 4GB AORUS OC.

I can not find such a settings on Z590I BIOS, I think there is no such an option. How do you get to these settings?
I have two GPU and with both same result - XFX RX580 4GB XXX GTS and GIGABYTE RX570 4GB AORUS OC.
On Z590 I believe it’s necessary to disable Above 4G Decoding in order to reveal iGPU options. We can re-enable Above 4G Decoding afterwards.

Hello all! I'm looking to get an 590 board to go with my i9-10900k and 6900 XT. I have had a Gigabyte Z590 Vision G that I've liked, but I need to go to an ITX board.

I'd like to be able to use Thunderbolt, and I've heard that there are issues with the Gigabyte Z590i Vision D that keep hotplug from working natively. Would I be better off to go with the MSI Z590i Unify? I know @CaseySJ has done a lot of help here, but trying to sift through everything has been a bit overwhelming. I'd like Thunderbolt to work as easily as possible.

I'd appreciate any advice!

EDIT to add info: The Gigabyte Z590I Vision D that I tried worked well and I really liked having the Thunderbolt 4 functionality, but it seems to have borked itself due to a faulty PCIE riser, so I was going to exchange it for another one. While I have the chance, I just wanted to know if there's a better board to try!

Back