Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

I'm trying, with the ssdt, I have the DTPG too. But in the PCI section I don't get maple ridge.
For now I get this, but I don't know if it refers to the titan ridge

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 18.43.04.png

I'm trying, with the ssdt, I have the DTPG too. But in the PCI section I don't get maple ridge.
For now I get this, but I don't know if it refers to the titan ridge

View attachment 530715
RP21 is your flashed GC-Titan Ridge. Please check the RP05 section.

RP21 is your flashed GC-Titan Ridge. Please check the RP05 section.
Well, I can not find any RP05 device, connect my apollo x8 from the boot, and it appears at this address
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 18.53.57.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 18.53.45.png

Attachments

• Joan’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    7.3 MB · Views: 42
Well, I can not find any RP05 device, connect my apollo x8 from the boot, and it appears at this address
Fascinating! There is no RP05, but Maple Ridge controller is on Address 1C,4 which is normally associated with RP05. Fortunately we can concoct a fix, which is in the attached V2 SSDT.

Please give this a try. It should be (a) copied to the EFI/OC/ACPI folder and (b) added to config.plist --> ACPI section.

The previous SSDT can stay where it is, but needs to be unchecked in config.plist --> ACPI.

Then reboot and have another look at IORegistryExplorer. Does RP05 exist now?

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP-JHL8540-GIGABYTE-Z590-V2.aml
    1.5 KB · Views: 37
Fascinating! There is no RP05, but Maple Ridge controller is on Address 1C,4 which is normally associated with RP05. Fortunately we can concoct a fix, which is in the attached V2 SSDT.

Please give this a try. It should be (a) copied to the EFI/OC/ACPI folder and (b) added to config.plist --> ACPI section.

The previous SSDT can stay where it is, but needs to be unchecked in config.plist --> ACPI.

Then reboot and have another look at IORegistryExplorer. Does RP05 exist now?
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 19.20.30.png

I have this... am I doing something wrong?

View attachment 530727
I have this... am I doing something wrong?
You're doing fine -- this is a tough little problem to crack. It would be helpful to look at these items:
  • System DSDT -- we can get this just by running MaciASL -- and saving the file that opens by default.
  • Screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> Add section.

You're doing fine -- this is a tough little problem to crack. It would be helpful to look at these items:
  • System DSDT -- we can get this just by running MaciASL -- and saving the file that opens by default.
  • Screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> Add section.
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 19.36.09.png

Here is what is requested, this is exciting. Maybe it will be more tedious to disconnect the titan?

Attachments

• System DSDT JOAN.dsl
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
View attachment 530729
Here is what is requested, this is exciting. Maybe it will be more tedious to disconnect the titan?
The plot thickens. DSDT definitely creates device RP05, but it's not present in IORegistryExplorer. Let's try replacing the Thunderbolt SSDT with attached version -- same name, but slightly different inside.

Procedure:
  • Because the name is the same, simply download and copy to EFI/OC/ACPI folder, replacing the previous version.
  • Reboot.
  • Then post screenshot of IORegistryExplorer --> RP05 section or post IOReg file.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP-JHL8540-GIGABYTE-Z590-V2.aml
    1.5 KB · Views: 31
The plot thickens. DSDT definitely creates device RP05, but it's not present in IORegistryExplorer. Let's try replacing the Thunderbolt SSDT with attached version -- same name, but slightly different inside.

Procedure:
  • Because the name is the same, simply download and copy to EFI/OC/ACPI folder, replacing the previous version.
  • Reboot.
  • Then post screenshot of IORegistryExplorer --> RP05 section or post IOReg file.
I am glued to the screen. I have done it, and nothing, RP05 does not appear. One piece of information that I would like to add is that I have 2 apollos in a chain, and only 1 connects. Maybe that gives a glimpse of something, although I don't think so

I am glued to the screen. I have done it, and nothing, RP05 does not appear. One piece of information that I would like to add is that I have 2 apollos in a chain, and only 1 connects. Maybe that gives a glimpse of something, although I don't think so
In your IOReg file, all RPxx ports are present except RP05, which is bizarre. Might be a BIOS problem (bug). One last thing we can look at before unfortunately having to give up...

The boot log might provide a clue. In Terminal let's try this:
Bash:
log show --last boot | head -1500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
  • This will create a file in Documents folder called bootlog.txt
  • Please post that file

Back