Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

I added above device property into my current v7.2 OC. Then deleted wegoff flag, and enabled igpu in the bios. The system didn't boot, instead it gave me a KP attack. After disabling igpu system booted without issues.
Some next steps:
  • Disable the Device Property that was added.
  • But enable IGPU in BIOS.
  • Does macOS boot?
  • If so, run Hackintool and determine the PCI path for iGPU. Look for something like this (in PCIe tab of Hackintool):
Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.52.16 AM.png

The Device Path will on the far right column. Compare that with what was entered in Device Properties.

@buddyjack2 As far as I know, with a Z490 board you could disable the dGPU, fake the i9-10900K as a 9th generation and use the iGPU; a solution with two EFI and some cable swapping would be possible. But Z590 does not allow any iGPU output, even with a 10th gen. CPU.
As it stands, your best option may be to try to run Mojave in a virtual machine under Big Sur.
Thanks, virtual is a good idea I hadn't even thought about. Years ago I had Parallels Desktop to run Windows and I'd forgotten it can also run a virtual mac OS as well.

Thanks for asking, sometimes I don't want to ask so many questions, so as not to pollute.
I will have to be very organized to explain the problem

I am using a titan ridge with custom firmware (making the jumper with pins 3 and 5 I think it is).
* I have hot plug with thunderbolt 3
* appears in system report in thunderbolt tab
* also in pci.

The problem is that, when I turn on the hack, and boot the system, once inside I turn on the apollo, and the hack restarts with a kernel panic of the uad extension, as I will attach more the txt.
After the panic, and restarting the computer, my apollo already works perfectly hot plug, even restarting the computer.
But if I turn the computer OFF, I will have to repeat the process of -> turn it on -> get a panic -> restart.

Something I want to add is that if I do not install the UAD software, the board is hot plugged, I see it, (obviously, it is necessary to install the software).

Regarding Maple ridge, I tried the F6 bios, and I didn't get good results, I don't know if I have the ssdt done right, but I didn't get a hot plug. Anyway I have no problem trying again.

PD: The sleep walked me!

Thankss @dehjomz
@CaseySJ @dehjomz do you have any idea?

Oh yes, that pesky HRUS device is holding us up. Let's zap it with the attached revision.
Hi @CaseySJ @Leesureone @buddyjack2 @dehjomz

I have been seeing all work done on Maple Ridge for Z590 and It seem that NHI driver can't be loaded as this device doesn't have an allowed PID.

We could try patching info.plist of ApplethunderboltNHI.kext to match with VID 0x8086 & PID 0x1137.

Capture d’écran 2021-10-12 à 14.32.41.png

On this file, we can see that matching is done on IOPCIClass & IOPCI.

As IOPCIClass is same as previous thunderbolt device (Alpine-Ridge & Titan-Ridge), we don't have to change this one.
For IOPCI, Apple driver match with every PID beginning with 0x8A (like Ice Lake Thunderbolt NHI with 0x8A17 PID).

We can try patching this one from 0x8A008086&0xff00ffff to 0x11008086&0xff00ffff (first part is a concatenated PID/VID and second part (after &) is the mask, green zeros on the mask mean that we can have any characters).

On OC config.plist > Kernel > Patch :

Identifier: com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI
Comment: MapleRidge Patch (Experimentation)
Find: 38413030 38303836
Replace: 31313030 38303836
Enabled: checked

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ @Leesureone @buddyjack2 @dehjomz

I have been seeing all work done on Maple Ridge for Z590 and It seem that NHI driver can't be loaded as this device doesn't have an allowed PID.

We could try patching info.plist of ApplethunderboltNHI.kext to match with VID 0x8086 & PID 0x1137.

On this file, we can see that matching is done on IOPCIClass & IOPCI.

As IOPCIClass is same as previous thunderbolt device (Alpine-Ridge & Titan-Ridge), we don't have to change this one.
For IOPCI, Apple driver match with every PID beginning with 0x8A (like Ice Lake Thunderbolt NHI with 0x8A17 PID).

We can try patching this one from 0x8A008086&0xff00ffff to 0x11008086&0xff00ffff (first part is a concatenated PID/VID and second part (after &) is the mask, green zeros on the mask mean that we can have any characters).

On OC config.plist > Kernel > Patch :

@Elias64Fr,
Hello again! Thank you for the suggestion. Let's see if someone can try this.

@Leesureone @dehjomz @buddyjack2,
Anyone willing to try? Here's what we would be looking for:
  • In OpenCore config.plist --> Kernel --> Patch section we add the following, then save config.plist, and reboot. It would be best to copy EFI folder to EFI partition of a USB Flash Drive and make the changes to the USB Flash Drive. Then boot from USB.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.49.00 AM.png
  • In IORegistryExplorer currently your Maple Ridge controllers have no sub-devices under NHI0. Like this:
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.37.27 AM.png
  • What we would like to see is this:​
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.43.34 AM.png

@Elias64Fr,

• In OpenCore config.plist --> Kernel --> Patch section we add the following, then save config.plist, and reboot. It would be best to copy EFI folder to EFI partition of a USB Flash Drive and make the changes to the USB Flash Drive. Then boot from USB.

View attachment 530692
  • In IORegistryExplorer currently your Maple Ridge controllers have no sub-devices under NHI0. Like this:
@CaseySJ
We should expect to have AppleThunderboltHALType4 under NHI0 device instead of AppleThunderboltHAL.

@CaseySJ
We should expect to have AppleThunderboltHALType4 under NHI0 device instead of AppleThunderboltHAL.
I am willing to try it right now. I have some questions...
1- Should I disconnect my flashed Titan Ridge?
2- I don't know if I have the correct SSDT for Maple Ridge in z590 Vision D, could someone pass it to me?

I am willing to try it right now. I have some questions...
1- Should I disconnect my flashed Titan Ridge?
2- I don't know if I have the correct SSDT for Maple Ridge in z590 Vision D, could someone pass it to me?
@JoanSilva17,

Thanks for volunteering!
  • It's not necessary to remove the flashed GC-Titan Ridge.
  • Copy the attached SSDT into your OpenCore EFI/ACPIfolder
    • I think the attached version will work, but if it doesn't I'll fix it for you... ;)
  • Add an entry for it in config.list --> ACPI
  • I think you already have SSDT-DTPG.aml, so nothing else is needed
Also:
  • Make the changes shown in my previous post above.
  • Then reboot and run IORegistryExplorer.
  • And post a screenshot of the RP05 section.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP-JHL8540-GIGABYTE-Z590.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 36
@Elias64Fr,

View attachment 530692

gigabyte Z590i Vision D:

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 18.24.28.png

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 18.24.43.png

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 18.25.12.png

gigabyte Z590i Vision D:
Thanks for trying this.

However, we should clear the search field in IORegistryExplorer in order to see the device tree on left side. Like this:
  • Type NHI0 in search field
  • Then click the 'x' on the right side of search field
  • Then capture a screenshot

Back