Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

Thx Middleman, that's quite an impressive amount of work you put in on those EFIs you posted :) I've never used Emulate CPUID in my config.plist (luckily, Comet Lake is supported in BigSur 11.6). I finally did get hardware acceleration working by using a non-headless Platform ID and adding a device-id cribbed from other config.plists posted here. That added about a minute to my boot time but it did work to get acceleration Fully Supported as reported by Hackintool.

I built a new system today with gigabyte z590 vision D and msi 6900xt which is in 2nd PCI slot because of noctua D15 cooler(vendor missed an "s" on d15s). I use hackindrom (amd gpu, intel wifi with OC 7.2), but now it is stuck on "exitbs start". @CaseySJ @CODYQX4 can you pls help me on this?

I built a new system today with gigabyte z590 vision D and msi 6900xt which is in 2nd PCI slot because of noctua D15 cooler(vendor missed an "s" on d15s). I use hackindrom (amd gpu, intel wifi with OC 7.2), but now it is stuck on "exitbs start". @CaseySJ @CODYQX4 can you pls help me on this?
Has BIOS been configured properly? Some of the key items:
  • F7 (Load Optimized Defaults)
  • CFG-Lock --> Disable
  • Above 4G Decoding --> Enable
  • XHCI Handoff --> Enable

@CODYQX4 @CaseySJ as z490 vision D is not available I have to go with z590 for future machines also, is there a way to get igpu enabled option with vtd enabled and latest oc?
If you use Comet Lake processor, iGPU can be enabled. But Rocket Lake iGPU is not supported by macOS.

CometLake iGPU on Z590 may only be used for decode operations, output being provided by a dGPU such as your RX 6900XT.
If the new/future Z590 build is meant to rely on iGPU only, without dGPU, the answer is "no". Get a Z490 board while available, or budget for a dGPU.

CometLake iGPU on Z590 may only be used for decode operations, output being provided by a dGPU such as your RX 6900XT.
If the new/future Z590 build is meant to rely on iGPU only, without dGPU, the answer is "no". Get a Z490 board while available, or budget for a dGPU.
If we use Platform ID 0x3E9B0007 with Comet Lake CPU on Z590 motherboard, will DisplayPort output work (from motherboard's rear IO panel)?

I'm actually stuck there myself now that I updated to OC 074.

EDIT: Had the drivers disabled in the new syntax for loading drivers, so they were disabled.

Last edited:
there is a new bios version for gigabyte z590. could someone prove something? I will try now!

Back