Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

Yeah for me sleep works.

Is it normal to have this?

Today I came across one weird issue while doing an ad-hoc network. My Designare Z390 and MacBook pro with USBC gigabit dongle work perfectly for file sharing, and Z590 Vision D with MacBook pro also works flawlessly.

However, when I connect Designare Z390 to Z590 Vision D it detects the network and shows my machine on the network but couldn't connect. I tried pinging with the IP scanner app, it failed on ping but shows IP address and mac address perfectly.

In short

Z590 2.5GbE to Z390 1GbE Doesn't work
Z590 2.5GbE to Macbook 1GbE Dongle Works
Z390 1GbE to Macbook 1GbE Dongle Works

Any idea, what is happening here?
@CaseySJ @CODYQX4
That’s good that it’s working for you. My system would immediately wake up after sleep on the June 21, 2021 version of F5.

Thunderbolt 4 works in macOS, but Apple hasn’t released any Intel Macs with TB4 inside, therefore the driver doesn’t appear to be Maple Ridge aware. However TB4 works just fine with macOS, I haven’t had any issues at all. The last Intel Macs to be released prior to the Apple Silicon transition had Titan Ridge. Maybe if Apple adds a new Ice Lake or Sapphire Rapids Mac Pro, macOS will gain native TB4 support.

Regarding your networking problem, no suggestions come to mind, other than to recommend a network switch or to manually set the IP address on both ends and ensure the two motherboards are on the same subnet (rather than leaving it on DHCP/automatic) when you attach the cable, sorry. I’ve never had any problems with a peer to peer network but I’ve used Aquantia 10gbps Ethernet on both hackintoshes, I’ve never tried the native Intel adapter, but I don’t see why it shouldn’t work.

That’s good that it’s working for you. My system would immediately wake up after sleep on the June 21, 2021 version of F5.

Thunderbolt 4 works in macOS, but Apple hasn’t released any Intel macs with TB4 inside, therefore the driver doesn’t appear to be Maple Ridge aware. However TB4 works just fine with macOS, I haven’t had any issues at all. The last Intel Macs to be released prior to the Apple Silicon transition had Titan Ridge. Maybe if Apple adds a new Ice Lake or Sapphire Rapids Mac Pro, macOS will gain native TB4 support.

Regarding your networking problem, no suggestions come to mind, other than to recommend a network switch or to manually set the IP address on both ends and ensure the two motherboards are on the same subnet (rather than leaving it on DHCP/automatic) when you attach the cable, sorry. I’ve never had any problems with a peer to peer network but I’ve used aquantia 10gbps Ethernet on both hackintoshes, I’ve never tried the native intel adapter, but I don’t see why it shouldn’t work.
Thanks for the reply, I am getting my Asus 10GbE card tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Both machines are in the same subnet with manual IP.

Today updated my OC to 7.2, and got into a problem. It is not booting because intelblluetoothinjector binary is missing from kext.

will roll back to the last one.

The Gigabyte Z590 Vision D has on-board Maple Ridge and therefore no Thunderbolt header. But a GC-Titan Ridge can still be used. We only need to bridge the top and middle pins of the vertical 5-pin J1 header to power it on.
I have a Gigabyte Z590 Vision D with GC-Titan-Ridge-2.0, AMD Radeon R9 270X, two Thunderbolt Displays, one LED Cinema Display. I added a SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml with the updated ACPI Path. The experience overall seems wholly inconsistent. One time when I booted, all the USBs were working from the Thunderbolt Displays. It seems impossible to figure out how to make the USB ports work or make it behave in any consistent way. (EDIT: I need to boot into macOS once and restart for the USB to work. Still can't get second monitor daisy chained to work)

Daisy chaining the second Thunderbolt Display through the first Thunderbolt Display doesn't seem to display anything. even though it's detected.

I flashed NVM50 to the Titan Ridge add-in card and verified the checksum. Should I be using NVM50 or something else like NVM23?

Last edited:
I have a Gigabyte Z590 Vision D with GC-Titan-Ridge-2.0, AMD Radeon R9 270X, two Thunderbolt Displays, one LED Cinema Display. I added a SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml with the updated ACPI Path. The experience overall seems wholly inconsistent. One time when I booted, all the USBs were working from the Thunderbolt Displays. It seems impossible to figure out how to make the USB ports work or make it behave in any consistent way. (EDIT: I need to boot into macOS once and restart for the USB to work. Still can't get second monitor daisy chained to work)

Daisy chaining the second Thunderbolt Display through the first Thunderbolt Display doesn't seem to display anything. even though it's detected.

I flashed NVM50 to the Titan Ridge add-in card and verified the checksum. Should I be using NVM50 or something else like NVM23?
Actually now I'm more confused. I bought a second Thunderbolt-3-to-Thunderbolt-2 adapter from Apple, and it turns out that I just can't connect two Thunderbolt displays at the same time, even if they are going to different Thunderbolt ports on the Titan Ridge. And what's interesting is that macOS detects both displays in System Information

When I disconnect any display (LED Cinema Display or Thunderbolt Display), the Displays tab in About this Mac doesn't remove/update the tab to reflect the new status. Not sure if related

1628834738487.png

EDIT:
I think the second input from the graphics card isn't being taken in since it needs an adapter rom either DVI or HDMI (only one DisplayPort on this dGPU). Might work if I buy a newer graphics card with more than one DisplayPort-out

Last edited:
@yosoyoco @CaseySJ Is there a way we can enable AppleVTD via the DMAR SSDT on any platform, besides Intel Z-series? I'm looking at a X299 Designare with the following DMAR SSDT. Looking at enabling an Antelope device. Would love to know how to properly edit that file :)

Attachments

• DMAR X299 Designare-EX.aml
    232 bytes · Views: 35
@yosoyoco @CaseySJ Is there a way we can enable AppleVTD via the DMAR SSDT on any platform, besides Intel Z-series? I'm looking at a X299 Designare with the following DMAR SSDT. Looking at enabling an Antelope device. Would love to know how to properly edit that file :)
On X99 and X299 motherboards it may not be necessary to modify the DMAR SSDT. Simply try the first 3 bullets in the following post:
After rebooting, check if AppleVTD appears near the top of IORegistryExplorer. Also check if WiFi and Ethernet are still able to connect (i.e. actually connect to a network).

Guys... A doubt needs to be solved: web browsing in Safari performances for M1 Mac mini vs Rocket Lake Hackintosh (11900K or 11700K). So far I collected this benchmarks, but reading around the internet it seems results are various from source to source so if anyone has access to a m1 mini can confirm these numbers (please note all of them are for Safari 14 in Big Sur, you should run them in safari / Big Sur too):

M1 Mac mini:
Speedometer 2.0 = 225
MotionMark = 1652.xx
JetStream2 = 230.xxx
BaseMark Web = 850.XX
Octane V2 = 62500
WebXprt 3 = 281

My i9-9980XE OC Hack:
Speedometer 2.0 = 160
MotionMark = 996.xx
JetStream2 = 198.xxx
BaseMark Web = 997.XX
Octane V2 = 52486
WebXprt 3 = 303

Can anyone do same tests on a Rocket Lake Hack? links to web benchmarks (please close all other apps/tabs):

Speedometer 2.0
MotionMark
JetStream2
BaseMark Web
Octane V2
WebXprt 3

Last edited:
Guys... A doubt needs to be solved: web browsing in Safari performances for M1 Mac mini vs Rocket Lake Hackintosh (11900K or 11700K). So far I collected this benchmarks, but reading around the internet it seems results are various from source to source so if anyone has access to a m1 mini can confirm these numbers (please note all of them are for Safari 14 in Big Sur, you should run them in safari / Big Sur too):

M1 Mac mini:
Speedometer 2.0 = 225
MotionMark = 1652.xx
JetStream2 = 230.xxx
BaseMark Web = 850.XX
Octane V2 = 62500
WebXprt 3 = 281

My i9-9980XE OC Hack:
Speedometer 2.0 = 160
MotionMark = 931.xx
JetStream2 = 198.xxx
BaseMark Web = 902.XX
Octane V2 = 52486
WebXprt 3 = 303

Can anyone do same tests on a Rocket Lake Hack? links to web benchmarks (please close all other apps/tabs):

Speedometer 2.0
MotionMark
JetStream2
BaseMark Web
Octane V2
WebXprt 3
I just ran MotionMark on my M1 Mac Mini and got 1776 so there a fair amount of variation, on a Gigabyte Z590i Vision D running a Comet Lake i9 I got a 978. I'll run more benchmarks later out of curiosity.

The link to Speedometer seems to be broken btw

I just ran MotionMark on my M1 Mac Mini and got 1776 so there a fair amount of variation, on a Gigabyte Z590i Vision D running a Comet Lake i9 I got a 978. I'll run more benchmarks later out of curiosity.

The link to Speedometer seems to be broken btw
Link fixed, actually would be more interesting to test your M1 and 5900X :headbang:

If you multiply your browser scores by Geekbench 5 factors, the comparisons hold up on (ignoring gfx)

1350 / 18000

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=i9-10980XE

1350 / 18000

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=i9-10900

1350 / 12000

Tested my overclocked 10900 at 1320 / 11400

Room getting hotter, electric bill notching up

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=i9-11900

1700 / 10000

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=m1

1700 / 7500

Macbook Air LOL!