Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

Not big budget, spent my money on the new board and cpu. The one in the link below is quite cheap will it work?
ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GT1030 GAMING CARD

No.

Technically it might give you non-accelerated VESA output, but there have been no macOS drivers since High Sierra.

Check the guides I linked for you.

No.

Technically it might give you non-accelerated VESA output, but there have been no macOS drivers since High Sierra.

Check the guides I linked for you.
Thanks, I am busy reading through them and checking the cards listed there

Not big budget, spent my money on the new board and cpu. The one in the link below is quite cheap will it work?
ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GT1030 GAMING CARD
The cheapest working graphics card is the GT710.

Will this one also work, I was actually thinking about returning this motherboard and cpu tomorrow but if I can get either of these cards to work and get a working mackintosh then I will rather keep it.

I have an ASUS Strix Z590-A motherboard with an 11700K. I followed the Dortania OpenCore guide. I may have messed something up because I have absolutely no USB devices. I cant even use USBInjectAll to make a custom SSDT. No mouse, bluetooth, anything over USB. Did I miss something in my EFI?
Thank you!
Can you post your EFI please

I tried returning the board today and they did not take it back as it’s opened-Duh. Anyway I bought the graphics card you recommended. Do you have a working efi for this board

I installed bigsur on nuc11tnki7 device. my video card is 7mb?

For 11th gen CPU it is good that you at least have video at all. Your only option would be with external enclosure GPU through Thunderbolt.
Nonsense. The Thunderbolt GPU is by far the worst possible choice. This solution is only suitable for Macs crippled by Apple. It is much easier, cheaper and trouble-free to connect directly to PCIe.

Nonsense. The Thunderbolt GPU is by far the worst possible choice. This solution is only suitable for Macs crippled by Apple. It is much easier, cheaper and trouble-free to connect directly to PCIe.
First off crippled insinuates that it had PCI-E and apple disabled it; that is not the case. EGPU can be used in a verity of Macs with TB3 all in ones like iMac and iMac Pro that have dedicated GPU already or beef up your 2018 Mac mini. I have also found that I can plug one into my Hack and use it for additional power without affecting my main GPU bandwidth. That being said dude is recommending to add a EGPU on a NUC a intel mini computer that does not have a PCI-E slot.

Back