Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

That’s excellent! That’s the board I was considering. Anything not working with that board?
Built in wifi and bluetooth are not working but that was expected. I could not get the macOS installer to display when using the iGPU but had no issue when I put in my RX570.

If that's a Maple Ridge controller, it's great to see that macOS works with it!!

Can you please post the following:
  • Hackintool --> PCIe tab
  • Click the Export button
  • Post the file
The JHL8540 controller on this board is Maple Ridge. I've attached the output from Hackintool. Let me know if you need anything else!

Attachments

• pcidevices.dsl
    10.2 KB · Views: 71
  • pcidevices.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 77
Built in wifi and bluetooth are not working but that was expected. I could not get the macOS installer to display when using the iGPU but had no issue when I put in my RX570.

The JHL8540 controller on this board is Maple Ridge. I've attached the output from Hackintool. Let me know if you need anything else!
Sometime tomorrow I’ll post a Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT to try. Have you tried any of the existing ones yet?

Sometime tomorrow I’ll post a Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT to try. Have you tried any of the existing ones yet?
I tried these two SSDTs. Without using one I'd have to turn on the Apollos at the opencore boot picker for them to connect in macOS. When using either SSDT I can turn on the Apollos at any point in the boot process before the loading bar appears on macOS and they'll connect.

Attachments

• SSDT-10-TbtOnPch.aml
    712 bytes · Views: 84
  • SSDT-TB3HP.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 79

Hello, When you click on Thunderbolt/USB4 in System Report, does Thunderbolt bus load?

Or are we gonna have to flash Maple Ridge? @CaseySJ

Hello, When you click on Thunderbolt/USB4 in System Report, does Thunderbolt bus load?

Or are we gonna have to flash Maple Ridge? @CaseySJ
Unfortunately Thunderbolt Bus does not appear as we can see in a screenshot of IOReg. So there goes that hope!

I assume you tried the OpenIntelWireless drivers? In particular, Itlwm and IntelBluetoothFirmware.

Yes one more thing please -- the IOReg file. (IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As...)

I assume you tried the OpenIntelWireless drivers? In particular, Itlwm and IntelBluetoothFirmware.

Yes one more thing please -- the IOReg file. (IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As...)
Tried the OpenIntelWireless drivers and no luck with Itlwm or AirportItlwm. Bluetooth appears as on but won't find any devices.

IOReg file is attached.

Attachments

• Z590MaximusIOReg.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 66
Tried the OpenIntelWireless drivers and no luck with Itlwm or AirportItlwm. Bluetooth appears as on but won't find any devices.

IOReg file is attached.
Okay, here goes nothing!
  • Please copy the two attached SSDTs to the OpenCore OC/ACPI folder.
  • Disable any pre-existing Thunderbolt SSDT.
  • Add references to new SSDTs to config.plist --> ACPI section.
  • Reboot.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and export the registry using File --> Save As... Post the file.
  • Check if UAD Apollo still works.
  • If you have a "simpler" Thunderbolt device such as a Thunderbolt 3 dock, please see if hot plug works.

Attachments

• SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 114
  • SSDT-TB3HP-JHL8540-MAPLE-RIDGE.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 85
Okay, here goes nothing!
  • Reboot.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and export the registry using File --> Save As... Post the file.
  • If you have a "simpler" Thunderbolt device such as a Thunderbolt 3 dock, please see if hot plug works.
Thanks! Apollos still working as they did before and no hot plug.
I don't have any other Thunderbolt devices, but I should be able to test some this weekend.

Attachments

• Z590withHPssdt.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 101
Okay, here goes nothing!
  • Reboot.

Thanks! Apollos still working as they did before and no hot plug.
I don't have any other Thunderbolt devices, but I should be able to test some this weekend.

Think the Scope in the SSDT should be PC00 not PCI0?

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP-JHL8540-MAPLE-RIDGE.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 113
Back