Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

Sorry forgot to mention. I have already disabled the ACPI patch as a test with this rev3 on and TB device cold boots, no hot swap and there is nothing listed under TB/usb4 and PCI tree listing.

Do you need me to share an IO ref dor this?
The rev2 and rev3 SSDTs require the ACPI patch, otherwise they will not load. That’s why the TB/USB4 section disappeared. We should revert back to first SSDT.

The rev2 and rev3 SSDTs require the ACPI patch, otherwise they will not load. That’s why the TB/USB4 section disappeared. We should revert back to first SSDT.
Ok, so there's an interesting development with the ACPI patch de-activated and going back to the original ssdt with no versioning.

1. TB Devices cold boot. Sabrent enclosure (NVME) & T3 CalDigit Dock.

2. My CalDigit Dock station gets for the first time the sound card functionality, it can read sd cards and hot-swap them within the dock, can read and hot-plug other devices such as the iPhone. This is the first time this device actually works properly.

The downside is that TB devices don't have hot-swap. Once they've been removed they don't come back in.

Attachments

• bootlog_NO ACPI.txt
    262 KB · Views: 31
  • NO ACPI.ioreg
    15.8 MB · Views: 44
  • NO ACPI.png
    NO ACPI.png
    822.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 01.24.12.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 01.24.12.png
    338.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 01.28.42.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 01.28.42.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 01.28.49.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 01.28.49.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 41
Ok, so there's an interesting development with the ACPI patch de-activated and going back to the original ssdt with no versioning.

1. TB Devices cold boot. Sabrent enclosure (NVME) & T3 CalDigit Dock.

2. My CalDigit Dock station gets for the first time the sound card functionality, it can read sd cards and hot-swap them within the dock, can read and hot-plug other devices such as the iPhone. This is the first time this device actually works properly.

The downside is that TB devices don't have hot-swap. Once they've been removed they don't come back in.
@InsomnIaHackintosh @CaseySJ

Another Thanks for the tests :)

I have another SSDT test file with Thunderbolt not set to one and some other device id patching. You should also enable patching on OpenCore (_L00 to XL00).

After this one, I don't have any idea .. but I still work on it. Success is a long road fraught with pitfalls :)

Thanks a lot !

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP-JHL8540-ASUS-X570-PROART-CREATOR-rev4.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 44

I have another SSDT test file with Thunderbolt not set to one and some other device id patching. You should also enable patching on OpenCore (_L00 to XL00).

After this one, I don't have any idea .. but I still work on it. Success is a long road fraught with pitfalls :)

Thanks a lot !
Thanks a lot @Elias64Fr! I think this pushes us a bit further. :wave:

This time with the ACPI enabled and rev4 on ssdt we have the cold boot on TB. Also, the Caldigit reacts normally with the ability to hot-swap USB 3 devices and sd cards through its card reader. However, it does not apply to TB hot swap on its port or hot-plugging TB devices on any of the 2 TB ports on the motherboard.

Once you eject any TB drive/device it will not come back if attempting to re-connect.

Attached are all the readings.

Loved your success quote, here is another one: 'Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.' – Winston Churchill. :clap:

Attachments

• bootlog_withRev4.txt
    259.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IOReg_withRev4.ioreg
    15.8 MB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 10.08.32.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 10.08.32.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 10.09.48.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 10.09.48.png
    641 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 10.09.58.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 10.09.58.png
    510.6 KB · Views: 54

Thanks a lot !
Would it be worth trying _L08 or _L19 for @InsomnIaHackintosh?

Looking at his DSDT those are the only two GPE Methods on his board.

Would it be worth trying _L08 or _L19 for @InsomnIaHackintosh?

Looking at his DSDT those are the only two GPE Methods on his board.
On DSDT, we have, for this motherboard, only 2 GPE (_L08 & _L19) but there are related to _L69 & L6D of Z390 Designare.

But, on SSDT-5 (SSDT-QOGIRASL), we have another GPE _L00 related to thunderbolt device. This is why I modified this one for trying to enabling Thunderbolt HotPlug.

On DSDT, we have, for this motherboard, only 2 GPE (_L08 & _L19) but there are related to _L69 & L6D of Z390 Designare.

But, on SSDT-5 (SSDT-QOGIRASL), we have another GPE _L00 related to thunderbolt device. This is why I modified this one for trying to enabling Thunderbolt HotPlug.
Understood, thanks!

Hi

I'm using a custom firmware titan ridge (I think the bridge with pins 3 and 5 is).
* I have a hot connection with Thunderbolt 3
* appears in the system report under the Thunderbolt tab
* also in pci.

The problem is that, when I turn on the hack, and start the system, once inside I turn on the apollo, and the hack restarts with a kernel panic of the uad extension, since I will attach more the txt.
After the panic, and restarting the computer, my apollo already works perfectly hot plug
But if I turn off the computer, I will have to repeat the process of -> turn it on -> panic -> reboot.

Anyone know what might be happening? I can't find answers anywhere and I need help!

Hi

I'm using a custom firmware titan ridge (I think the bridge with pins 3 and 5 is).
* I have a hot connection with Thunderbolt 3
* appears in the system report under the Thunderbolt tab
* also in pci.

The problem is that, when I turn on the hack, and start the system, once inside I turn on the apollo, and the hack restarts with a kernel panic of the uad extension, since I will attach more the txt.
After the panic, and restarting the computer, my apollo already works perfectly hot plug
But if I turn off the computer, I will have to repeat the process of -> turn it on -> panic -> reboot.

Anyone know what might be happening? I can't find answers anywhere and I need help!
Have you tried enabling AppleVTD?

Back