Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

Hello, what I did was start for the first time with the thunderbolt device plugged in. I opened the ioreg and saw the direction of the thunderbolt. I just typed thunderbolt into the search engine. And I saw that in my case I had to modify the SSDT with PC00 RP21. I do not expect it to be the same in your case ... I am here for what I can help you
Cool, I'll try.
sorry for the off-topic, but it looks like you're from Brazil too?

@dehjomz

Hello, from what I see we have the same mother and I am experiencing some problems with the ethernet ports, do they work for you? I have a Fenvi t919. But the ethernets say: Self-assigned IP. It will have to do with the VT-D, thank you very much in advance!
@CaseySJ Do you have any suggestion?

Some questions:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Do the Ethernet ports work properly when VT-d is disabled?
MacOs Big Sur 11.5.2
When I disable VT-d, the problems persist.

I'm a bit lost on whether I have to use Fakepciid.kext, or whether to patch the kernel. Or only in device properties.

Have you tried using the 'dart=0' boot argument in place of disabling VT-d in your BIOS?

Have you tried using the 'dart=0' boot argument in place of disabling VT-d in your BIOS?
I have tried dart = 0, and have had no results. Also upgrade to Open Core 0.7.3, and now it recognizes ethernet in the about this mac - Ethernet cards section.
Another oddity is that the name of my EFI folder changed to EFI-WDS104. I wonder if this will be a problem.

I was so good before upgrading to this new mother ... but I'm up for the challenge

Hopefully when used the dart=0 boot argument there weren’t any spaces either side of the equals sign. As it wouldn’t work with the spaces present.

Your EFI folder should be named EFI, not anything else. I would change the folder name back to EFI.

Here a note of success with a z590

ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero
- Asus AMI BIOS 1007
- OpenCore 0.7.1
- SMBIOS 20,2
- Big Sur 11.5
(OC EFI attached)

i9-10900K
Be quiet! Dark Rock 4
128GB DDR4 3600 (XPI)
Great write-up, thanks! Just got a rig with the same mobo as yours and am trying to prep it as a Hackintosh, but so far am having problems disabling Secure Boot in the BIOS (v.1007). I saved all Secure Boot keys and then deleted (just) the PK key, selected "Other OS" as OS Type, but as of now Secure Boot only says "Setup," not "Disabled." I'm suspecting it really isn't disabled but just in some halfway state? What did you do to definitively disable it on yours?

Hopefully when used the dart=0 boot argument there weren’t any spaces either side of the equals sign. As it wouldn’t work with the spaces present.

Your EFI folder should be named EFI, not anything else. I would change the folder name back to EFI.
I expressed myself wrong, what I changed was the name of the EFI partition ... the name of the volume.

I would change the EFI partition back to EFI as well. As that is where OC &/or Clover expect the bootloader folders and files to be located.

Naming the EFI partition after your Western Digital drive is not normal or expected by the bootloader.

Back