Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

I tested more with the UAD stuff, and I get often communication UAD error -38. Plugins get disabled. I tested same setup with my Mac Mini M1, and there are no issues. I guess Gigabyte still need to tweak the TB firmware.

Still no hot-plug capabilities. I have to cold boot for the devices to be recognize. Warm boot doesn't work with TB devices. @dehjomz, this is the same experience you had with this mobo right?
Warm boot from Linux and Windows Thunderbolt works, sometimes it works from macOS, but not if I enter sleep mode in macOS. I don’t have UAD equipment so I can’t comment on it, sorry.

I've got a pretty good setup going so far for Z590 Vision D+i9-11900K on 11.3.1. Everything I've tested seems to work except iGPU (which probably never will) and Thunderbolt hotplug. I haven't tested the onboard audio, that's the main thing outside of Thunderbolt I can think of, I just don't have any devices to test it with.

If anyone is interested I can post the EFI here.

I've got a pretty good setup going so far for Z590 Vision D+i9-11900K on 11.3.1. Everything I've tested seems to work except iGPU (which probably never will) and Thunderbolt hotplug. I haven't tested the onboard audio, that's the main thing outside of Thunderbolt I can think of, I just don't have any devices to test it with.

Given the growing interest in Z590 Vision D, we should add it to HackinDROM App. If you’re up to it, simply send a private message to @Inqnuam for an admin login. It would be appreciated by the community.

Onboard Audio works. It’s exposed via the USB bus, so macOS recognizes it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Onboard Audio works. It’s exposed via the USB bus, so macOS recognizes it.
I've got it working and loaded as far as I can see, just haven't plugged anything in and tested the sound.
Given the growing interest in Z590 Vision D, we should add it to HackinDROM App. If you’re up to it, simply send a private message to @Inqnuam for an admin login. It would be appreciated by the community.
No problem. My build does assume that the Intel Wi-Fi card has been replaced with with a BCM4360NG though, so it doesn't include OpenIntelWireless.

I've got it working and loaded as far as I can see, just haven't plugged anything in and tested the sound.

No problem. My build does assume that the Intel Wi-Fi card has been replaced with with a BCM4360NG though, so it doesn't include OpenIntelWireless.
It's a decent board in my view as well. Other than the Thunderbolt hot-plug thing, it works well.

@dehjomz were you able to use only iGPU with this board?

I've connected a USB-C to my monitor and tried all kinds of config, and it would just be blank. Any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
@dehjomz were you able to use only iGPU with this board?

I've connected a USB-C to my monitor and tried all kinds of config, and it would just be blank. Any tips?
I’m using Rocket Lake, so no iGPU for me in macOS. But the iGPU works fine in Windows via Thunderbolt.

You can also input a DisplayPort signal from your GPU (via the motherboard’s DisplayPort-in on the I/O panel) so that you can use your GPU via USB-c/Thunderbolt in all operating systems.

Last edited:
I’m using Rocket Lake, so no iGPU for me in macOS. But the iGPU works fine in Windows via Thunderbolt.
Yeah, works fine in Windows for me as well..Just black screen in macOS :(
Doesn't seem to work in Manjaro Linux either when using the USB-C cable to the monitor.

Yeah, works fine in Windows for me as well..Just black screen in macOS :(
Doesn't seem to work in Manjaro Linux either when using the USB-C cable to the monitor.
Which kernel version are you using? I think the Rocket Lake iGPU support landed in the later 5.11 kernels and should be there in 5.12. I know also one point the AX210 chip (which I swapped in) wasn’t supported in 5.11 but it is on 5.12.

Back