Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

I got a bit excited about the TB dock being recognized and devices plugged in to it working. Unfortunately, I've spent all morning trying to get the UA Apollo Twin X connected and it's not seen at all. I can connect that to my MBP and verified it's not a cable or hardware issue, has anyone gotten the Twin to work on the z590 Vision D board? I'm starting to wonder if the TB ports on this board just aren't reliable and debating going to a ProArt Z490 instead.

I got a bit excited about the TB dock being recognized and devices plugged in to it working. Unfortunately, I've spent all morning trying to get the UA Apollo Twin X connected and it's not seen at all. I can connect that to my MBP and verified it's not a cable or hardware issue, has anyone gotten the Twin to work on the z590 Vision D board? I'm starting to wonder if the TB ports on this board just aren't reliable and debating going to a ProArt Z490 instead.
One quick suggestion:
  • In BIOS, set Thunderbolt Boot Support to Boot Once

One quick suggestion:
  • In BIOS, set Thunderbolt Boot Support to Boot Once
Well dang, that did it! Much easier than messing with the config and cables I was trying earlier. Now to really test it out and make sure it works. Thank you for the suggestion!

@CaseySJ, this is my first comment on the page, but I've already read lost of posts and can see you are the TB king in here... so... I'm trying to make Thunderbolt work on my z590i vision D hackintosh, but can't. I try to plug my UAD Arrow audio interface in both ways, hot-pug and cold-boot, but neither will work. This interface is compatible with both Windows and macOS. So I tried using it on Windows, and it worked well. However, I'm not having luck with macOS. :( This is the SSDT I'm using now.

Attachments

• SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 55
Tried that just now.. and it works! But no hot-plugging.... any tip for that?
Hello @theeastsideof

To begin the troubleshooting process, please post a screenshot of IORegistryExplorer --> RP05 section. After running IORegistryExplorer, scroll (not search) down to RP05 and post a screenshot (CMD-Shift-5).

Hello @theeastsideof

To begin the troubleshooting process, please post a screenshot of IORegistryExplorer --> RP05 section. After running IORegistryExplorer, scroll (not search) down to RP05 and post a screenshot (CMD-Shift-5).
Gotta say, it seems it's working now, but no hot-plugging

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 15.32.00.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 15.32.00.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 59
Does anyone knows if I can make my UAD Arrow interface work by hot-plugging it? It's working, but only if I start the PC with it plugged in.

Any idea how I could get my I225V Ethernet working again, now that I've upgraded to Ventura 13.0? Ethernet was working fine under Monterey; all I had to do was select "Full-Duplex" in Network>Hardware tab to get my mobo's I225V ports working. But neither that setting (nor any others under Hardware) work for me any more under Ventura :(

Any idea how I could get my I225V Ethernet working again, now that I've upgraded to Ventura 13.0? Ethernet was working fine under Monterey; all I had to do was select "Full-Duplex" in Network>Hardware tab to get my mobo's I225V ports working. But neither that setting (nor any others under Hardware) work for me any more under Ventura :(
Hey @buddyjack2 , check out this post here. #29 or here #1,764

Back