Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

This is happening regardless of OS, MacOS or Windows, I changed the memory brand based on the supported ones shown on their website, but the motherboard boot screen is still slow.

This is happening regardless of OS, MacOS or Windows, I changed the memory brand based on the supported ones shown on their website, but the motherboard boot screen is still slow.
So enabling fast boot makes no difference?

Hello @LiveSorcerer ,
this strange behaviour is common to most Gigabyte Z590 mobos (not sure about the other brands). It's a annoying BIOS bug in learning the RAM modules timings. On Z590 VISION D we hat till now 4 BIOS versions and no one fix this. I wrote to Gigabyte about this issue and the answer was: "Please use one of the supported modules or just return the mobo at the local dealer.". I received a new one as replacement with exactly the same issue. I think this is normal for this board and this will never be fixed :thumbdown Most users changed their mobos with ASUS and are happy with the overall performance.

This is very unethical. Another thing is not being able to use M.2 Gen 4 with 10th processor, and it's not worth changing my i9 10900 for an i9 11900, losing core in the exchange. It ends up being more worth getting an i7 11700k instead.

@CaseySJ was right on. Seemed to have been a BIOS bug related to RTC write issues.

I tried updating BIOS, and it worked for a while. But, after a full shutdown, it came back. Turning the power off fully on the PSU also fixed it until a shutdown. I noticed I'd see a 'Posted in safe mode' error every once in a while and thought it might be connected. So I set DisableRtcChecksum to true. Strangely enough, the system would still work if it ever had a safe mode post. But it would only cause a problem with Thunderbolt if it was fully shutdown after (without the PSU being interrupted). Anyway, all those things together seemed to have solved this issue for the Asus Z590 Hero XIII hope this helps someone in the future. Again, this issue only happened with 2 sticks of RAM.

Fix: DisableRtcChecksum to true, update BIOS, reset BIOS, set RAM speed, reset NVRAM.

Hello @LiveSorcerer ,
this strange behaviour is common to most Gigabyte Z590 mobos (not sure about the other brands). It's a annoying BIOS bug in learning the RAM modules timings. On Z590 VISION D we hat till now 4 BIOS versions and no one fix this. I wrote to Gigabyte about this issue and the answer was: "Please use one of the supported modules or just return the mobo at the local dealer.". I received a new one as replacement with exactly the same issue. I think this is normal for this board and this will never be fixed :thumbdown Most users changed their mobos with ASUS and are happy with the overall performance.
I can confirm my ASUS board doesn't have that pause but if I wanted to use the PCI4.0 slot it would be the same. Use a Rocket Lake CPU or lose that capability, some might call that marketing by Intel. :lolno:

Any update(s) on using the Gigabyte Maple Ridge card? SSDT?

Hi guys,

I have a Gigabyte Z590 Vision G with an Intel i7 11700KF and I'm a bit desperate as it reboots once in a while on its own.
Video card is the Radeon W5500 8GB.
I'm not sure is the configuration.
I tried using a SATA SSD instead of a Samsung 980 PRO
I tried swapping the Power Supply
Once in a while it reboots, often when it's doing nothing particular.
If I stress test I get 100% stability, but once in a while it reboots outof the blue..
Does anyone have a clue or an advice?
Thanks a lot!

Back