Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

iGPU has not been the most important thing for me so far. I wanted to run a second M.2 SSD.
The processor is detected as i5 when writing like this. I don't know yet how to make it detect as i7.

View attachment 514566
Update to opencore 0.6.8 and it will be detected as an i7.

Also, if you run sysctl machdep.cpu | grep brand.string from the command line you will read the processor name from the CPU.

For example, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz.

Also, if you run sysctl machdep.cpu | grep brand.string from the command line you will read the processor name from the CPU.

ok thnx

I bought an 11th generation processor today and finally I have 2 M.2 ports active. SSD 980 Pro 2TB.

Honestly I'm gobsmacked by the performance of your SSD. I have the i9 11900K and Gigabyte PCIe 4.0 SSD and haven't tested the 4K file yet. But what this shows is that the PCIe 4.0 is properly working under macOS, and it is fast!

Thanks @SchmockLord19, this is interesting. Did you check the Graphics/Display section to see what it shows? @verancl said he had used Comet Lake's CPUID.

Other than that, to enable the Quicksync you do also need to add device-id field to your iGPU which I believe is 9BC80003. That setting plus the slot platform id has worked for me in my builds before.

Also I can see your new GPU's device-id under the Info section is showing and id of 4C8A. That seems to be the Rocket Lake iGPU's actual device-id (if we add say 0300 in front). Perhaps that setting could be tested?
It would be amazing if this works! I’d buy an 11700k rn!

Honestly I'm gobsmacked by the performance of your SSD. I have the i9 11900K and Gigabyte PCIe 4.0 SSD and haven't tested the 4K file yet. But what this shows is that the PCIe 4.0 is properly working under macOS, and it is fast!
I'm surprised too. I did not expect such performance. The manufacturer writes that max 7000/5000 MB/s. I have 6102/4590 MB/s.

Hello Guys, My Z590 Mainboard and my Core i7 11700KF arrived yesterday Finally and I could tried to install MacOS Finally. And it Works but I still have some problems with the Audio. I share my specs:

* Core i7 11700KF
* Asrock Z590M-Pro4
* DDR4 3000Mhz Kingston HyperX
* NVME MP600 2TB Gen 4
* Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB
* FENVI FV-HB1200 (Wireless and Bluetooth)

What it Works:
=========

* LAN (i219-V)
* Wifi and Bluetooth
* Video (VDA Full Asceleration, iMacPro1,1 Smbios)
* USB Ports

What is not Working:
=============

* Audio (ALC897, id=66 or id=69 according AppleALC website)

I am using the latest AppleALC, Lilu, Whatevergreen and VirtualSMC kext. The AppleALC is supporting 500 Series chipset with 11th gen processor mix. But the audio appears, but no sound and the computer gets like a stuck.

I share my IOreg, do you have an idea how to fix this.

Attachments

• Bioraft.ioreg
    13.3 MB · Views: 56
Looks like I'll have to take back my words on the Z590...thanks to the efforts of @verancl the iGPU on the new 11th gen DOES WORK in Big Sur!
It's just using the framebuffer created by UEFI. For example, you could use an unsupported Nvidia GPU (RTX?) and get an image even if the macOS driver doesn't load.

Does dragging windows and scrolling perform OK? I suppose an iGPU will perform better than a dGPU when using a UEFI framebuffer since the iGPU uses RAM for the framebuffer instead of VRAM over PCIe.

What resolutions does it support? At a minimum, it should be able to do a normal resolution and the corresponding HiDPI mode. I don't think a UEFI framebuffer will let you use the GOP driver to change the resolution since the GOP driver is unloaded at this point?

PCIe 4.0 works on my Mac Pro (Early 2008). You can change the link speed dynamically using pciutils (useful for seeing how a device works at lower link speeds). I don't think you can change the link width though. The PCI tab in System Information.app (Catalina) hides the "Link Speed" line for PCIe 4.0 devices. Does "Link Speed: 16 GT/s" appear in Big Sur?

It's just using the framebuffer created by UEFI. For example, you could use an unsupported Nvidia GPU (RTX?) and get an image even if the macOS driver doesn't load.

Does dragging windows and scrolling perform OK? I suppose an iGPU will perform better than a dGPU when using a UEFI framebuffer since the iGPU uses RAM for the framebuffer instead of VRAM over PCIe.

What resolutions does it support? At a minimum, it should be able to do a normal resolution and the corresponding HiDPI mode. I don't think a UEFI framebuffer will let you use the GOP driver to change the resolution since the GOP driver is unloaded at this point?

PCIe 4.0 works on my Mac Pro (Early 2008). You can change the link speed dynamically using pciutils (useful for seeing how a device works at lower link speeds). I don't think you can change the link width though. The PCI tab in System Information.app (Catalina) hides the "Link Speed" line for PCIe 4.0 devices. Does "Link Speed: 16 GT/s" appear in Big Sur?
For the 11th gen iGPU, we'll have to ask @verancl when he has it going - he is still testing his setup. But it seems it is working as it should with 14MB RAM available. It shows his screen setting as Wide Quad High Definition.

When I said the PCIe 4 works I meant this to say this confirms the Rocket Lake chipset is working, because prior to this nobody knew if it would work or show up under Big Sur on the Intel chipset despite it working on Ryzen chipsets.

The Link Speed shows up in Big Sur alright (x4 on some parts) and x8 on my GTX 1060. And it shows up on my other B550 5900X build with the 6800XT card as 16 GT/s.

I checked SSD 980 PRO speed on Catalina. It is similar to Big Sur.
SSD 980 pro Catalina.png

can you try this to see if can detected as i7 ( EC060900) just replace the "EB060800" with it if you can, try it with EFI in usb stick.

if its to much work or you dont want to mess with your systeem than its ok,
It didn't work.

It works.

Reactions: jd6
Back