Graphics : Sapphire Raedon RX 6700 XT

What i have done so far is stuck in apple logo
1. using unibeast created catalina usb - UEFI mode
2. tried replacing a fake SMC
3. tried downloading EfI from different portal nothing worked

I think i need
1. SMBIOS settings built to i9
2. if someone can help changing config.plist to make this work
3. i need working EFI folder if possible.
4. help in generating fake EC.

Hi All ,
Please help me building catalina on below specs
motherboard :Z490 Aorus Master
Bios : F20
Processor : i9-10850K
Graphics : Sapphire Raedon RX 6700 XT

What i have done so far is stuck in apple logo
1. using unibeast created catalina usb - UEFI mode
2. tried replacing a fake SMC
3. tried downloading EfI from different portal nothing worked

I think i need
1. SMBIOS settings built to i9
2. if someone can help changing config.plist to make this work
3. i need working EFI folder if possible.
4. help in generating fake EC.
Unfortunately Clover is not the best for building bootloader for Catalina because since Mojave there have
been major changes to the way memory is accessed by macOS, which limits . It is still possible to get Catalina running on it (which I have seen working by others), but the process is much much harder.

So you should use Opencore instead. Here is the guide for it for Comet Lake. You'll need to extract and create your own SSDTs for the best performance > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html#booter

On a separate note, I do have EFIs I have created for the Z490 Aorus Xtreme on i5 10500 & i9-11900K for High Sierra, Catalina & Big Sur here, but it is running on Nvidia GTX 1060, not AMD Radeon GPU (but you can change the settings). For Nvidia cards after High Sierra there is no more hardware acceleration support for Pascal, only VESA-mode.

And yes as Pilgrim says, there is currently no support for the RX6700 so you'll need to use another supported card to run macOS ie. RX580, 5700XT etc if you want hardware acceleration.

Unfortunately Clover is not the best for building bootloader for Catalina because since Mojave there have
been major changes to the way memory is accessed by macOS, which limits . It is still possible to get Catalina running on it (which I have seen working by others), but the process is much much harder.

So you should use Opencore instead. Here is the guide for it for Comet Lake. You'll need to extract and create your own SSDTs for the best performance > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html#booter

On a separate note, I do have EFIs I have created for the Z490 Aorus Xtreme on i5 10500 & i9-11900K for High Sierra, Catalina & Big Sur here, but it is running on Nvidia GTX 1060, not AMD Radeon GPU (but you can change the settings). For Nvidia cards after High Sierra there is no more hardware acceleration support for Pascal, only VESA-mode.

And yes as Pilgrim says, there is currently no support for the RX6700 so you'll need to use another supported card to run macOS ie. RX580, 5700XT etc if you want hardware acceleration.
Thanks for the info still no luck will trial the settings on this machine until i see a fully working machine.

I see. In that case I suggest try this. Stick with Opencore 0.6.5. Use my latest Catalina build files attached here (for Comet Lake Z490) and just add your own GenSMBIOS serials, UUID serials plus ROM. It is ready to go. Don't go to Big Sur 11.3 just yet because it is very problematic.

The alcid has been set to 7 which worked for my Realtek 1220-VB. Everything here should work barring hardware acceleration on your RX6700. Give it a shot.

Attachments

• hemanth725-EFI.retail.catalina.6.5-fixed.zip
    13.7 MB · Views: 44
Just remembered you may need to add a AGPMInjector.kext to your RX6700 card in order for it to boot. Use this tool to generate it > https://github.com/Pavo-IM/AGPMInjector and place it in EFI/OC/Kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back