Contribute
Register

Z490-A OC 0.7.3 Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried the things it has mentioned and I don't know what else I can do. Maybe my USB is crap and I need a new one. I have 2 here that I am trying and both get me to the same point.
It seems like the freeze happens randomly at different points in the boot and loading process from your description. Sometimes while the kernel and extensions load, sometimes at the language screen and sometimes after that including the Disk Utility and install program. Is that correct? Try clearing NVRAM if you haven't, disconnect any other peripherals, then remove the NVME drives so there's NO internal disks at all and see if the machine will boot the USB to the recovery screen reliably multiple times. If not try another USB drive. If so reinstall one NVME disk and repeat the test then only attempt an install if it boots each time. This might provide some clues to where the problem is located such as USB, internal drives or motherboard.

It seems like the freeze happens randomly at different points in the boot and loading process from your description. Sometimes while the kernel and extensions load, sometimes at the language screen and sometimes after that including the Disk Utility and install program. Is that correct? Try clearing NVRAM if you haven't, disconnect any other peripherals, then remove the NVME drives so there's NO internal disks at all and see if the machine will boot the USB to the recovery screen reliably multiple times. If not try another USB drive. If so reinstall one NVME disk and repeat the test then only attempt an install if it boots each time. This might provide some clues to where the problem is located such as USB, internal drives or motherboard.
It appears that my other NVME drive my 970 which has a clone of my main boot volume was conflicting somehow. I disconnected that and the install went smooth

It appears that my other NVME drive my 970 which has a clone of my main boot volume was conflicting somehow. I disconnected that and the install went smooth
Awesome. That's good to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back