Contribute
Register

Z490-A OC 0.7.3 Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for your help so far. I am still stuck, I started over again but am running the debugger and this is the text file I got.

I have tried to boot from the USB I made, and my HD

On another attempt it keep saying
"authenticating extension failed: Bad Code signature"
AMFI: Deniying core dump for Pid nnn (kernalmanagerd)

Im starting to think something is wrong with HW...and no SW. However the photo posted was trying to boot from the installer on my USB 3 stick.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-09-13-180255.txt
    256 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4656.jpg
    IMG_4656.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Im starting to think something is wrong with HW...and no SW. However the photo posted was trying to boot from the installer on my USB 3 stick.
Looks like "Still waiting for root device" in the picture. This happens when the installer can't find the USB drive. Try different USB ports (including motherboard back panel) including USB2 if you're using USB3. Try a USB2 drive if the current one won't work.

I think you were right that the Waiting for root device could have been the problem. I unplugged all other drives to make this easier. I think my boot volume is now corrupted based on some verbose messages I got.

I am getting the USB to boot to the Installer (mostly) It keeps freezing at the MacOSRecovery screen.

I might have to go get a new USB stick to try that. Which brand are people having the most luck with? Mine is a samsung and it has worked in the past but maybe its dead now.

I think you were right that the Waiting for root device could have been the problem. I unplugged all other drives to make this easier. I think my boot volume is now corrupted based on some verbose messages I got.

I am getting the USB to boot to the Installer (mostly) It keeps freezing at the MacOSRecovery screen.

I might have to go get a new USB stick to try that. Which brand are people having the most luck with? Mine is a samsung and it has worked in the past but maybe its dead now.
sandisk cruzer makes a good installer

I was able to boot to the recovery of my Clone M.2 Drive which I have not been able to do until this point. The recovery partition let me wipe my main drive and Re-Install MacOS on my main M.2 Drive its now sitting at an Apple Logo with a bar and no timer. The mouse is not frozen for the moment. I have my fingers crossed.

I am frustrated that I had a working version and something got borked and now its not working! ugh

Anyway...I still can't get 0.7.3 to boot my installer for 11.5.2 What is happening is when I boot from my USB to the Big sur installer it goes VERY slow to the point of looking like its frozen. This last try got me to the MacOSRecovery screen saying "Examining volumes" with a frozen loading wheel.

Last edited:
I had a working system and now im back to square one. I figured I would post in this thread since I think my other post is in the wrong place.

I am trying to reinstall Big Sur (have been trying for a few days) using a new USB with OC 0.7.3 (Debugger) and Big Sur 11.5.2.

I don't know what should be my next step as I feel like I have tried everything I can think of.

here is a link to the other thread with ideas from there.

I keep getting stuck at #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2021-09-14T21:30:21

I have gone through the Dortania guide several times on this issue and I am not having any luck.

Help please

Attachments

• opencore-2021-09-14-212917.txt
    256 KB · Views: 33
  • config.plist
    27.9 KB · Views: 32
I had a working system and now im back to square one. I figured I would post in this thread since I think my other post is in the wrong place.

I am trying to reinstall Big Sur (have been trying for a few days) using a new USB with OC 0.7.3 (Debugger) and Big Sur 11.5.2.

I don't know what should be my next step as I feel like I have tried everything I can think of.

here is a link to the other thread with ideas from there.

I keep getting stuck at #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2021-09-14T21:30:21

I have gone through the Dortania guide several times on this issue and I am not having any luck.

Help please
i moved your post back here

I have made the following changes based on the Dortania Comet Lake guide:
  • Disabled SSDT-PMC.aml - fix for NVRAM but not mentioned in the guide.
  • Disabled SetupVirtualMap in Booter Quirks because ASUS and other boards won't boot with this enabled.
Also consider the following after testing with the above changes:
  • Kernel/Quirks: AppleXcpmCfgLock - will be needed if there's no CFG-Lock setting to disable in BIOS.
  • Kernel/Quirks: DisableRtcChecksum - might be worth disabling if there's no BIOS reset or safe mode issues.

Attachments

• config.plist
    27.9 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back