Contribute
Register

Z490-A OC 0.7.3 Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying your config.plist is borked....its missing a setting in the kernel section (I think). You either can compare the config.plist you created to the sample plist to try and find the error or omission or start over. Just an FYI, OCC is infamous for causing that kind of stuff.
I just ran OCvalidate with my plist and it came back with 0 errors but still not booting

I can't find Flavor key I don't know what that is. Is it supposed to be Flavour?
Yes, Flavour is correct.
I followed everything and I didn't see this one "ForceOcWriteFlash" It is yes or no?
It is no by default so go with that for now since the documentation indicates it's rarely needed.
I just ran OCvalidate with my plist and it came back with 0 errors but still not booting
What is happening now?

Are you aware of this thread? It seems to me to be an excellent point of reference for your motherboard.

Yes, Flavour is correct.

It is no by default so go with that for now since the documentation indicates it's rarely needed.

What is happening now?
No Schema for ForceOcWriteFlash at 5 index, context (quirk)
OC: Driver at 0 Cannot be found
halting on critical error
is popping up before the picker. With False set which was the default.

Last edited:
No Schema for ForceOcWriteFlash at 5 index, context (quirk)
OC: Driver at 0 Cannot be found
halting on critical error
is popping up before the picker. With False set which was the default.
I think OC is telling me it can't find this...
Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 9.00.27 AM.png

When I look it seems right what could be wrong? I thought the name was the issue because the new file I downloaded was openhfsplus so I took the open off the file name and still it didn't load.

I think OC is telling me it can't find this...View attachment 528757

When I look it seems right what could be wrong? I thought the name was the issue because the new file I downloaded was openhfsplus so I took the open off the file name and still it didn't load.
compare your config.plist with the sample.plist from opencore

I think OC is telling me it can't find this...View attachment 528757

Yeah, that's likely the cause of the driver problem but you can't rename the other file and expect it to work. Use the HfsPlus.efi from the OcBinaryData package.

compare your config.plist with the sample.plist from opencore
here is the compare I just ran.

Checking for values missing from User plist:
config.plist -> Misc -> BlessOverride -> From|To-Array - Empty: Skipped
config.plist -> NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> prev-lang:kbd - Type Difference: String --> Data
config.plist -> NVRAM -> Delete -> 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
config.plist -> NVRAM -> Delete -> 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
config.plist -> NVRAM -> Delete -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
config.plist -> NVRAM -> LegacySchema -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
config.plist -> NVRAM -> LegacySchema -> 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped

Checking for values missing from Sample:

Sample.plist -> DeviceProperties -> Add - Missing Key: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
Sample.plist -> DeviceProperties -> Add - Missing Key: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Sample.plist -> Misc -> BlessOverride -> From|To-Array - Empty: Skipped
Sample.plist -> NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> prev-lang:kbd - Type Difference: Data --> String
Sample.plist -> NVRAM -> Delete -> 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
Sample.plist -> NVRAM -> Delete -> 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
Sample.plist -> NVRAM -> Delete -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
Sample.plist -> NVRAM -> LegacySchema -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
Sample.plist -> NVRAM -> LegacySchema -> 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped

@sanyi83 it looks like the issues are as follows:

1. The last entry in Kernel/Patch for __Z18e1000_set_mac_typeP8e1000_hw which is missing half the fields and MaxKernel is misspelled.
  2. The UEFI/Drivers section is missing the Path, Enabled and Arguments keys.
  3. UEFI/Quirks is missing ForceOcWriteFlash.
  4. Misc/Tools is missing the Flavor key under the OpenShell entry.
Compare that against the relevant fields from the sample file. By correcting those I was able to eliminate the errors. The edited file I created is attached for your reference.
Why does a clean snapshot using proper tree remove the UEFI/Driver path, enabled and Arguments key?

It's because you are using an outdated version of ProperTree. ProperTree wasn't updated inmediatlly after latest OpenCore release. But now it's updated, so just download the latest ProperTree. Don't forget to use the Sample.plist included in OpenCore Docs folder as reference when updating your config.plist file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back