Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know what to do here. I had a solid booting machine and everything was working except some USB speed issues. I have my USB installed with OC and that worked to create the system, and I had a working clone in my machine all 3 would boot the machine. Now I can't get the computer to get to the picker from any one of the 3 options I had.

I also have windows loaded on another Drive and that boots when I pick it from F8.

I didn't change anything on my USB installer or the clone I was trying to update to OC 0.7.2 when this problem started.

Now I can't get the computer to get to the picker from any one of the 3 options I had.
I didn't change anything on my USB installer or the clone I was trying to update to OC 0.7.2 when this problem started.
What exactly is happening now? Are you getting any errors starting OC or is it missing from the BIOS boot options like your previous issue?

What exactly is happening now? Are you getting any errors starting OC or is it missing from the BIOS boot options like your previous issue?
I know I was selecting the correct volume and I don't think it was windows messing with it.

I am built a new EFI partition on (OC 0.7.3) on a USB Stick and ran my config through a check using OC configurator and the sanity check that is outdated.

I know I can get the computer booted using my clean now. so that is a success.

I still don't understand why 0.7.3 is giving me these errors.

Last edited:
I am built a new EFI partition on (OC 0.7.3) on a USB Stick and ran my config through a check using OC configurator and the sanity check that is outdated.
I still don't understand why 0.7.3 is giving me these errors.
It sounds as if you're using an outdated OC Configurator to check the config file if I understand your description of the issue. Download a newer one for 0.7.3 or use the ocvalidate tool included with the package. Make sure to check the differences page too.

OpenCore .7.3 had some changes - I struggled with it a bit too. Use the samplecustom.plist for reference.
The EFI drivers became an array of dictionaries. A couple other things too. You can actually read the text that comes across screen and address/fix each one that way

I am starting from scratch on a USB stick now that i got my main drive booting again.

I am running into a problem with this command..
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

I keep getting the error. Command not found

I find this odd since I'm working from a MacBook Pro doing this

I keep getting the error. Command not found

Screenshot 2021-09-11 at 06.17.29.png

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

OpenCore .7.3 had some changes - I struggled with it a bit too. Use the samplecustom.plist for reference.
The EFI drivers became an array of dictionaries. A couple other things too. You can actually read the text that comes across screen and address/fix each one that way
I don't understand are you saying at the boot screen in verbose mode that it shows the error (if there are any)?

You'll need to compare your current working OC config against the sample provided in the distribution package as indicated by the other person above. Additionally, use the difference page(s) in the Bootloader forum section as a guide for what to modify/update in your config file then check it with either ocvalidate or a current OC Configurator version to verify it's correct as I suggested previously. If that all passes and you have created your new install media see if the installer will boot successfully.

This is a new one and Im looking at the customsample.plist and I don't see what could be the issue.

Error is "OCS: No Schema for MaxKernal at 7 index, context <patch>!"

When I look this is for whatevergreen but I don't know of a maxkernal setting for it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    27.6 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back