Contribute
Register

Z490-A OC 0.7.3 Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll need to compare your current working OC config against the sample provided in the distribution package as indicated by the other person above. Additionally, use the difference page(s) in the Bootloader forum section as a guide for what to modify/update in your config file then check it with either ocvalidate or a current OC Configurator version to verify it's correct as I suggested previously. If that all passes and you have created your new install media see if the installer will boot successfully.
I have been doing that.

I have been using the OCValidate tool, the ConfigChecker in OpenCore configurator, and the old slowgeek website for the sanity checker

This is a new one and Im looking at the customsample.plist and I don't see what could be the issue.

Error is "OCS: No Schema for MaxKernal at 7 index, context <patch>!"

When I look this is for whatevergreen but I don't know of a maxkernal setting for it.
Use the "sample.plist" instead, it's a better match for what you are trying to do. Your error message means something is missing, it's not finding an entry it expects or there is an improperly defined one. That can happen if you use open core configurator or the wrong version config.plist for the build. Start over using a plist editor

Use the "sample.plist" instead, it's a better match for what you are trying to do. Your error message means something is missing, it's not finding an entry it expects or there is an improperly defined one. That can happen if you use open core configurator or the wrong version config.plist for the build. Start over using a plist editor

I just download 0.7.3 yesterday, I used the sample.plist as my starting point. Are you saying I should do it again?

I just download 0.7.3 yesterday, I used the sample.plist as my starting point. Are you saying I should do it again?
I'm saying your config.plist is borked....its missing a setting in the kernel section (I think). You either can compare the config.plist you created to the sample plist to try and find the error or omission or start over. Just an FYI, OCC is infamous for causing that kind of stuff.

@Leesureone is correct. There are eleven errors in the Kernel section under the Patched section.

@sanyi83 it looks like the issues are as follows:

1. The last entry in Kernel/Patch for __Z18e1000_set_mac_typeP8e1000_hw which is missing half the fields and MaxKernel is misspelled.
  2. The UEFI/Drivers section is missing the Path, Enabled and Arguments keys.
  3. UEFI/Quirks is missing ForceOcWriteFlash.
  4. Misc/Tools is missing the Flavor key under the OpenShell entry.
Compare that against the relevant fields from the sample file. By correcting those I was able to eliminate the errors. The edited file I created is attached for your reference.

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Thank you I will try this..

1. The last entry in Kernel/Patch for __Z18e1000_set_mac_typeP8e1000_hw which is missing half the fields and MaxKernel is misspelled.
Compare that against the relevant fields from the sample file. By correcting those I was able to eliminate the errors. The edited file I created is attached for your reference.
I can't find Flavor key I don't know what that is. Is it supposed to be Flavour?

Last edited:

I followed everything and I didn't see this one "ForceOcWriteFlash" It is yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back