Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Z390m Gaming Motherboard Mojave install Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • dart=0 protects against VT-d issues, so it's always recommended.
  • slide=0 works alongside OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi to prevent "Couldn't allocate runtime area" errors during boot. Both of these are virtually essential on Z390 Gigabyte motherboards.
Ok thanks for the prompt answers, I'll keep them ON, and add -v for seeing what clover is doing :)

This is odd and should not happen. Are you running the latest BIOS? It might be a good idea to update or re-flash BIOS then configure BIOS parameters once again starting with "Save & Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults".

Yes I have latest bios drivers for my motherboard, if you want I can provide you the bios setting screenshots...?

If this does not remedy the problem, there might be a hardware problem. Do you have Firewire or other PCIe cards other than a graphics card? If so, try removing them (keep the graphics card installed, however).

yes I have fence wifi & bluetooth PCie card installed for internet & its working flawlessly...

If this also does not help, test your memory using Memtest for Mac as explained here.

Also ensure that all PCIe cards and memory DIMMs are properly seated on the motherboard. Also check power cables.

They are all on and solid connections

And lastly, how many SATA drives are connected internally (how many of the onboard SATA ports are you using)? And how many of the NVMe slots are occupied? Based on this, please consult the motherboard user manual to determine which SATA ports can and cannot be used.

I have m2samsung 500gb drive which has OS on it, and a 1tb sata wd green hdd

This looks okay. You may want to add "-v" (verbose) until the 1-in-5 boot-freeze problem is resolved.

ok

İ have a 500w power supply & sometimes when I open computer after 3 days off period, graphics card leds on it won't turn on and I can't see screen after I restart the computer everything get backs to normal, do you think my power supply is a bit underpowered for my system ...???

I replied under your questions in green :)

Thank you again

I replied under your questions in green :)

Thank you again
According to Page 13 of the user's manual, 500W power supply is recommended, but it is on the low end of the scale. I would recommend 750W, but if you would like a more evidence-based answer, you could try using a power meter such as the low cost Kill-a-Watt. Set the mode to Watts and monitor the power consumption. If it nears 450-500W, it's time for a larger power supply.

Thank you Tarbax

Now I have a different problem but it is related I think,

Now when I press on button on the case, power comes on, all fans start spinning inc cpu fans, but graphics cards light won't start so the computer is working but there is not image and etc. ; after 4 or 5 minutes later graphics card start and all things work normally... but now my computer starts in 5 to 10 minutes ... ,
what's wrong??

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 82
HI, can somebody help me with my problem...followed all the instructions on formatting the ssd to Guid+AFPs and i'm still stuck on this pls see attach pic

Attachments

• IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_1.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2.jpg
    IMG_2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 83
Hello,
I have same motherboard (ga-z390m gaming with F5 bios) with same processor (i5-8400) but I'm using onboard graphics. Also I have a crucial ssd (bx500).

I can install mojave and boot OS with usb clover, but I'm using jbarnettes multibeast config (and bios config) and I can't boot from ssd. I don't know what happends...
In verbose mode this is last I can see

After that, black screen.

Can someone helps me?
Thanks

Last edited:
i too have this issue
i bought a new motherboard and during install get the same black screen
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming firmware F5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back