Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Z390m Gaming Motherboard Mojave install Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
After you have a successful boot, what is the label you see on your Mojave SSD mounted on the Desktop?
MJJ is the name of Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2...

MJJ is the name of Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2...
  • In that case just uncheck [√]Debug from config.plist.

• if that does not solve the problem, Clear CMOS and then Reselect BIOS options like you have now in all its Menus to boot your Mojave UEFI SSD as the only Boot Disk in Boot Options (as #1) and enabling USB, Graphics, Ethernet, Audio controllers to boot the way your hardware is configured to boot Mojave.

Last edited:
I did uncheck debug and tried to reboot few times at the start system was reboot and restart and shutdown ok but now it opens but its so slow it won't open some programs its like a computer from 2000's ... I don't know why ?? but im so close to reinstalling all Mojave again :)

I did uncheck debug and tried to reboot few times at the start system was reboot and restart and shutdown ok but now it opens but its so slow it won't open some programs its like a computer from 2000's ... I don't know why ?? but im so close to reinstalling all Mojave again :)
  • Good idea.
  • Now you know from your own experience, pretty much, what steps to avoid and what steps to follow in creating the installer, editing BIOS and CLOVER contents, Erasing the target disk, Post- install fixes on the System disk etc; it will be much easier.

• It may be good idea to clone the current disk just in case you meet with problems during the fresh install you still have a system that is working.

Yes I know, ive ordered fend wifi&bluetooth card you've told me which works natively with Mojave when it arrives ill reinstall everything from ground up...

current disk is problematic in some ways, so ill do a fresh install on this disk, ill copy the content on the desktop to the other sata hdd... and ill do a fresh install afterwards to m2 disk

Hello Guys,

Today fend wi-fi card has arrived and I connected it immediately and restarted the computer, it saw the card in the first opening and it seems bluetooth is working too...

But ı can't make wifi on, it sees the card I can see in the setting menu and the top wifi bar but I can't make it ON...

what can I do ?? Do I have to re install everything from ground up?? :)

Thank you

all the best

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 17.44.54.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 17.44.54.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 55
I just played w clover settings and checked fixwifi and rebooted now my wifi works like a charm ... fast as ethernet..

Hello to you all

Today I did a clean install with the all the past knowledge and my system was perfect from the start I mean everything is working like a clock, (wifi,bluetooth,5.1sound, usb3.0 ports )

But I can't seem to boot from the m2 ssd I can only boot from the installer usb stick...

What is wrong with my config do you think ???

all the best
C.

Attachments

• config 2.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 58
Hello to you all

Today I did a clean install with the all the past knowledge and my system was perfect from the start I mean everything is working like a clock, (wifi,bluetooth,5.1sound, usb3.0 ports )

But I can't seem to boot from the m2 ssd I can only boot from the installer usb stick...

What is wrong with my config do you think ???

all the best
C.
That config.plist is incomplete -- it has been cut off at the end. Attached is a fixed version. Not sure if there is something else that is also affecting your ability to boot from the M.2, but let's do one thing at a time. Make sure, of course, that you have an EFI partition on the M.2 disk.

Attachments

• config 2.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 66
Hi Casey

I solved my rebooting from m2 drive issue by copy & replacing EFI / BOOT folders on my m2 drive with the folders inside usb Mojave installer I used...

For shutdown issue I added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi file to drive64eufi folder in my efi folder and added slide=0 to my boot menu.

these solved my all problems

I uploaded my recent config.plist can you check it again if it correct///
system opens a bit slow I think(gigabyte logo stays on for 15sec & clover then starts), do you see something of with my config file???

all the best
C

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back