Register

<< Solved >> Z390m Gaming Motherboard Mojave install Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've solved my boot & shutdown problems

boot : I copied the refi folder of usb stick to m2 hdd

shutdown: I executed theses

again and my computer is fully working

except 5.1 audio and I'm searching that thread you showed me caseysj, I hope ill solve my audio problem and my system is good to go :)

thank you so much :)

If you had used the CLOVER I uploaded to install on the M2 SSD and your only problem is Audio, then try this uploaded config.plist which is slightly changed in its APCI adding a patch to help you fix the Audio. In all other respects it is the same one you had copied to the EFI of your Mojave System disk.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 49
I downloaded and changed my config w the one you uploaded, and boooom system won't open again...!
my usb didn't booted up Mojave either now Im installing another Mojave on my spare disk if it opens up,
i'll change the config file back to working one on m2 disk and try to get my system back, after that I'll upload my working config and you'll check on that what is causing 5.1 audio no not to work ...

I can boot the system with the usb installer but if I try to boot it up from m2 hdd, it shows to error down below...

What can I do ??

here is the config file inside m2 hdd efi ...

Attachments

• IMG_7570.JPG
    IMG_7570.JPG
    828.5 KB · Views: 62
  • config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 96
I downloaded and changed my config w the one you uploaded, and boooom system won't open again...!
my usb didn't booted up Mojave either now Im installing another Mojave on my spare disk if it opens up,
i'll change the config file back to working one on m2 disk and try to get my system back, after that I'll upload my working config and you'll check on that what is causing 5.1 audio no not to work ...

• This is due to something else having been changed in the CLOVER or BIOS
  • Certainly the cause is NOT from ACPI >RenameDevices> change HDAS to HDEF in your System Disk's EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist_ACPI. That was the only change in that config.plist
  • Why did a previously booting macOSMojave USB Installer Disk with which the macOSMojave System was installed on M2 Disk stop booting?
    • Without any Verbose boot it is anybody's guess now.
  • Any config.plist changes can be temporarily changed via CBM _Options screen
  • I could have helped you there if you had posted the problem with a verbose boot. screen.
  • Now that you have started Reinstall , it's too late for that!
  • Let us take from where you would be.

I can boot the system with the usb installer but if I try to boot it up from m2 hdd, it shows to error down below...

What can I do ??

here is the config file inside m2 hdd efi ...
  • The Uploaded Boot screen, if frozen here repeatedly on reboots, is because your CLOVER/drivers64UEFI in that booting disk has changed.
    • This is NOT from config.plist.
  • The current config.plist is not what I had provided.
  • It has been edited again.
  • But, still that further editing is NOT the cause of current Boot failure.
  • I am Uploading both config.plist ACPI SECTION screen captures.
  • Upload the WHOLE CLOVER as zipped from this disk that has shown the Verbose boot Freeze from Memory Mapping problem

Attachments

• 1.ACPI in config.plist I provided .png
    1.ACPI in config.plist I provided .png
    324.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 2.ACPI _your current config.png
    2.ACPI _your current config.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 68
Hello again ive finally managed to get back to my m2 sdd mojave with the last photo you send
I added achi patched to the required fileds

But i have two questions my ethernet doesnt work now, and when i look to system report tab my harddrive wont shown as nvmeexpress ...

ethernet is working :)

but audio is coming only from 1 speaker,,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 08.24.05.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 08.24.05.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 10.11.36.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 10.11.36.png
    365.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Hello again ive finally managed to get back to my m2 sdd mojave with the last photo you send
I added achi patched to the required fileds

But i have two questions my ethernet doesnt work now, and when i look to system report tab my harddrive wont shown as nvmeexpress ...

ethernet is working :)

when i look to system report tab my harddrive wont shown as nvmeexpress ...

Do you have an NVMe Disk? The last time you confirmed you had only a Samsung 860 M.2 EVO is a SATA drive. M2 was formerly known as the Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF).

What you have is neither an ordinary SATA in that it does not have the look of a real SATA drive nor an NVMe drive that connects to PCIE connectors. It's is something in between both in looks and speed.

You are very 'stingy' in uploading images.
You seem to want others to think in the same line as you do and miss things.

If you had uploaded the screen Captures of System report...>Hardware>SATA /SATA Express and Storage Screens, I could have located your "missing disk".
You only uploaded NVMExpress screen capture where your Samsung 860 M.2 EVO is NOT expected to be seen.

Edited to add about Audio:

• You have not given any information about the Make and Model of your Speaker to help you troubleshoot Sound
  • From the System Report Audio Screen shot, I cannot get any clue; Drivers seems to be OK.
  • Upload an image of your Speaker and its connection to your Audio Jacks and Speaker's Make and Model .
  • I suspect Hardware issue: Cables /Connections etc rather than a MacOS issue.
  • Look at System Preferences_ Sound and if help is needed Captured images from the tabs there.

Last edited:
Sorry man, my bad I thought Samsung 860 is also nvme but apparently not...
Ok I got it, I'll try be more informative and open...

How about the audio screenshot do you think its looking normal??

and I don't know why, system won't see my Mac numeric keyboard as emac keyboard, I can use it but it won't recognize it as a Mac keyboard...

Last edited:
Sorry man, my bad I thought Samsung 860 is also nvme but apparently not...
Ok I got it, I'll try be more informative and open...

and I don't know why, system won't see my Mac numeric keyboard as emac keyboard, I can use it but it won't recognize it as a Mac keyboard...

See the added info under my Edit toward the end of thread #97
I don't know why, system won't see my Mac numeric keyboard as emac keyboard, I can use it but it won't recognize it as a Mac keyboard...

Don't know. Never used any real Mac hardware on Hackintosh. If it functions OK, do you really care what it is called by the system? I would consider my Hackintosh that works almost like a real Mac a gift horse! :)

• You have not given any information about the Make and Model of your Speaker to help you troubleshoot Sound
  • From the System Report Audio Screen shot, I cannot get any clue; Drivers seems to be OK.
  • Upload an image of your Speaker and its connection to your Audio Jacks and Speaker's Make and Model .
  • I suspect Hardware issue: Cables /Connections etc rather than a MacOS issue.
  • Look at System Preferences_ Sound and if help is needed Captured images from the tabs there.

My speakers are Cambridge soundworks 5.1 speakers, if I connect them via back ports of my computer (as shown in the picture) only sound comes from the center & sub speaker...

I have also usb connected Creative Labs Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 sound card if use this solution sound works ok (5.1 speakers working)

Attachments

• IMG_7579.JPG
    IMG_7579.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back