Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PX79 DELUXE
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 680
Hello everyone,
I was looking for a mini hackintosh configuration with thunderbolt. The only that I've found is this (and the z370, but i would like to give me space to upgrade to an i9 in the future) :
AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac

any good result with this mobo? Will the thunderbolt port work?

mercì

Hi there.

I tried to build my hackintosh using the phantom board together with a 9700k cpu. I have to point out, that this has been my first try of building a hackintosh, and it went suprisingly well.

I managed to get MacOs working, inclusive WiFi (switched the intel onboard card to the broadcom one) but my Apollo Thuinderbolt device, hasn't been recognized by the system.

As well i ran into problems by getting the Intel UHD Graphics to work properly but i think, this is due to my lack of understanding how to create fake IDs and how and which kexts in this case would have helped me out. I decided to wait some weeks (cause due my work i don't have this much time at the moment) and hope that then there will be some more higher skilled guys, whichs have stable builts of 9xxx und 390 boards running.

So please don't take my experiance with this board as "the truth" because especially the UHD problem i think i will solve as soon as i get more into this.

Hello everyone,
I was looking for a mini hackintosh configuration with thunderbolt. The only that I've found is this (and the z370, but i would like to give me space to upgrade to an i9 in the future) :
AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac

any good result with this mobo? Will the thunderbolt port work?

mercì

After 1 more night without having any sleep i managed Thunderbolt to work. Just wanted to let you know this!

Hotplug is not working at the moment, but when I plug my Apollo Device into the thunderbolt before starting the machine, it works perfect. I think I missed in the first try to set the thunderbolt security in the bios to disabled.

Greets

@TobyTheOne can you explain the process to have Thunderbolt working?

@TobyTheOne can you explain the process to have Thunderbolt working?

Disabling thunderbolt security in the BIOS seems to be a common fix. Also bare in mind hot swapping most likely will not work, so make sure your TB device is plugged in before powering up.

I'm looking at purchasing this board for a new build so it would be great if you could let us know how you get on :)

looking at the specs:
Supports Intel Thunderbolt 3 with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2304) @ 60Hz

guess that means you can't connect an LG 5K Ultrafine?

@Douirc As per my discussion with Asrock and scorching through forums, this Asrock Z390 mobo does have TB3 support but the catch is its 2xPCI-e 3.0 lanes running at 20 Gbps not actual 40 gbps 4xPCI-e 3.0; This Mobo is handicapped and cannot reach full TB3 speed unless ASROCK changes the design/layout. For 5K Display, we need 4 lane PCI-e TB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back