Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z390 AORUS Pro Wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi All!

Bought a Z390 Pro wifi board and i7-8700k with Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB thinking that this set up is compatible of running hackintosh ..

I read a few threads for the past few days and learnt that there are many models of z370 that was successful with the i7-8700 on audio/ sleep / wake functionalities on High Sierra/ Mojave.

So when I saw a Z390 Aorus Pro on sale, I think I may have jumped the gun on this one.

Fast forward a few days later, I managed to have everything running, that includes

- installation using unibeast
- post installation using multibeast
- getting native audio to work
- injecting required kexts such as , lilu, whatevergreeen, usbinjectall into library/extensions and placing them in the clover/others folder

But I just cannot get sleep/ wake & shutdown working. There are a few threads on z390 aorus pro success stories but the OP did not mention what was done.

The hackintosh restarts fine. But every time i try to sleep it, it restarts. Everytime i shutdown it, it also restarts.

I tried:

- changing from 14,2 to 18,2 , 18,3
- deleting apple.powermanagement.* in library/preferences
- editing cover using clove configurator and running through all the darkwake variables , from no, 0 - 10 but none of given the 'correct' sleep/ wake function.

Kinda at my wit's end .. If there's anyone who can figure out why sleep/ wake/ shutdown isn't working, please be so kind to help me out! I've attached my zip copy of my entire folder that from my installation drive for your reference!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 177
Anyone .. can .. help .. ?

yeah i did. In fact, it does seem like the shutdown is still not working - and the sleep/ wake function is not the 'ideal' sleep wake function. Hoping someone who managed to get this board working could offer some help. Otherwise ill have to change it to a z370 gaming 7 like one of the golden builds

yeah i did. In fact, it does seem like the shutdown is still not working - and the sleep/ wake function is not the 'ideal' sleep wake function. Hoping someone who managed to get this board working could offer some help. Otherwise ill have to change it to a z370 gaming 7 like one of the golden builds

Hello,

Even i am looking to use Z370 HD3 or Z370 HD3P since i am not able to affors gaming 7 motherboard...??Do you think its feasible.....???

Those problems have since been fixed.

Try the suggestions in this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tdown-problem-h370.266688/page-2#post-1870508

Be sure to read all of the follow-up posts because not all combinations work on all motherboards.

Hello,

Even i am looking to use Z370 HD3 or Z370 HD3P since i am not able to affors gaming 7 motherboard...??Do you think its feasible.....???

Hello, I've bought the same motherboard and I've got a Sapphire RX580 Nitro, I'm searching too how resolve the sleep/wake issue, did you figure out the problem?, could you shared the solution if did?. Thanks.

Hi.
I used this guide and managed to build my new hackintosh last night on Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + i9 9900k + MSI RX58 8gb

Hi.
I used this guide and managed to build my new hackintosh last night on Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + i9 9900k + MSI RX58 8gb
Hello Pagaman,

Does the wifi from the Aorus motherboard works ?

I have the same configuration but no wifi…

Hello Pagaman,

Does the wifi from the Aorus motherboard works ?

I have the same configuration but no wifi…
It works once you've installed AppleIntelWifi from GitHub. Unfortunately the speed is limited to 140Mbps. It works though. Bluetooth works as well :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 3.25.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 3.25.00 PM.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back