Contribute
Register

Z390 Aorus Pro stuck on apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I am erasing the hard drive in disk utility before I install Catalina I should be slecting GUID Partition Map as the Scheme? There is no mention of which one to select in the Catalina Guide.

@esafeddie, you were right on, ended up being the BIOS settings as the culprit! Very odd as the BIOS settings all worked for Mojave. I'm not sure which was the specific problem but I just used https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...90-aorus-pro-wifi.267701/page-23#post-1990448 .

I was wondering though if you had a form else where that outlined a bit more of your EFI settings? More importantly I'm wondering the best way to "merge"/update some of the settings on my old config.plist (working iMessage, optimized Mac name, etc).

I was wondering for the DSST that is being used if you happen to know what ports are on off/usb2 or usb3 etc. or if there is perhaps a four with the diagram like "Blouses Hack Pro"?

I have a Corsair Hydro H100 that plugs into one of the Mobo headers, however it interferes with sleep. That said I saw a while back that creating a custom DDST with the correct power and properties will fix this issue. The problem is I can't simply turn off the USB port on the mono as it would also shut off power to my wifi so I have just left it unplugged now for some time.

!!!!! Update !!!!
It is possible to keep the usb plugged in and set curves/monitor the temperature in OSX while not interfering with the sleep functionality.

The key to all of this is setting power and properties correctly in a custom DDST. After that you can go to git hub to get "Open Corsair Link", which is the software solution to monitoring your fans in OSX.

As of now I am still lost when it comes to setting the power and properties. Many of the threads I found are a bit older which is a problem because with High Sierra Apple changed up the way ports are handled (i.e. why you have to use the USB inject all kext if you don't have a custom DDST.)

Thanks again for all the help

In Mojave I face the same problem where the Hydro cooler usb was plugged into the motherboard usb header and would prevent sleep. This was solved by adding uia_exclude=HS14 to the boot argument, this argument is now added to the DSDT. On my rig everything works as it should, sleep/wake, iMsg/T-Time, Apple TV etc, etc.

If everything is working, do a full back up of the system including the EFI Partition on a spare disk so you can get back to a working system, then download the App Hackintool and have a go at mapping your own USB ports, the process is super simple and once done, you won't ever have to go through the process of port mapping on that board again.

In Mojave I face the same problem where the Hydro cooler usb was plugged into the motherboard usb header and would prevent sleep. This was solved by adding uia_exclude=HS14 to the boot argument, this argument is now added to the DSDT. On my rig everything works as it should, sleep/wake, iMsg/T-Time, Apple TV etc, etc.

If everything is working, do a full back up of the system including the EFI Partition on a spare disk so you can get back to a working system, then download the App Hackintool and have a go at mapping your own USB ports, the process is super simple and once done, you won't ever have to go through the process of port mapping on that board again.
Do you know what the newest bios version will work on with this EFI? I used 9b for a long time and it work and just tried updating to 12d but it seems I lose out bluetooth with this newest bios

Do you know what the newest bios version will work on with this EFI? I used 9b for a long time and it work and just tried updating to 12d but it seems I lose out bluetooth with this newest bios

Bear in mind my board is the Z390 pro wifi, I disabled the onboard wifi card in the BIOS and is using a discrete wifi/b-tooth card. The latest Bios version for this motherboard is F12c. My CPU cooler is a NZXT Kraken cooler attached to one of the usb header connection. As I said previously - In Mojave I face the same problem where the Hydro cooler usb was plugged into the motherboard usb header and would prevent sleep. This was solved by adding uia_exclude=HS14 to the boot argument, this argument is now added to the DSDT. On my rig everything works as it should, sleep/wake, iMsg/T-Time, Apple TV etc, etc.

I have attached my EFI Folder minus personal details how my setup is running and very stable with everything working.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back