Contribute
Register

Z390 and i7-8700K - any successful builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a ASUS Z370-H with i7-8700K and had really no issues.. so far everything I use works. I don't let my computer sleep since it also uses a media server. It shuts down the monitor and disks (only options I have set). I have yet to test dual monitors which I'm going to be doing this weekend.

My specs right now are ASUS Z370-H, i7-8700K, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB SSD - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD, and some RAM that I don't know what model it is off the top of my head. Some of the info can be found here.. Upgrade Time: i9 or i8 and what Asus MB? (BTW ignore the title. I was tired. I know their is no i8, was a typo.. meant 8700K :)

I'm using the Asus TUF Z390 running with the i7-8700K and MSI Air Boost Vega 64. The onboard Bluetooth and WiFi don't have working yet. The Shutdown and Restart don't work either. I think Clover will be supported in the future. The graphics card works very well and have had no problems with anything else. Other then the Shutdown and Restart, I'm very happy with my build and have a very stable system.

EDIT: I got the Shutdown and Restart to work just by reinstalling the latest Clover with NVRAM.
I have Z390 Plus Gaming (WiFi). It is fully working including shutdown and restart/sleep...
Z390 Plus Gaming (WiFi)
Intel i3-8100 3.6GHz
Nvidia GT 1030

I have Asus Prime Z390-A, I7 8700K, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1070Ti, SSD 250GB
Over High Sierra work perfect.
Mojave too with AMD Vega 56.
The only thing that I can not make work well is the ThunderboltEX 3. For it to work I have to enter win after a cold start. (taking out the 30sec power cable). Make win recognize TB with HD and then restart in OSX. Very complicated.
All the rest is perfect.

mmmm

Not true, I have same MB a CPU. The only thing that I cant configure is the frame buffer from intel UHD630. sucks. the rest seems fine. I still do not try everything. I got stuck with the video.

I have a Asus TUF Z390m with i7-8700K. I used the new MacMini 8.1 for my system definition. It's all working great with OOB UHD 630 CPU igfx. It might seem like a odd combination, but the Z370 motherboards were hard to find with the features I wanted!
Z390 has been very solid for me on Mojave. 14.2 which is what come with the new MacMini.

I used the new MacMini 8.1 for my system definition.
:) I have used all 18.n an 14, No tried with 8.1.
Thanks, I will try.

Thanks

:) I have used all 18.n an 14, No tried with 8.1.
Thanks, I will try.

Thanks

The other requirement is the latest High Sierra with the latest security updates or Mojave. Also MacMini 8,1 only came with Mojave. So if your on High Sierra you have to use the boot argument "-no_compat_check" or you can't load system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back