Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> z390 9600k Upgrade can't boot from install USB (High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i5 - 9600K
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
I had a build working previously with these specs:
Z87m, 4670K, GTX 1070Ti

I've just upgraded the machine with a gigabyte Z390 UD and a 9600K. I still want to run High Sierra because of my 1080Ti.

Now after I boot from my install USB (same one as successfully used in previous build) I'm able to select the drive from clover then it displays 'does printf work?' and halts.

I've set the recommended BIOS settings and I'm running off internal graphics for the time being but still can't get the installer to load.

I've never hit a road block so early on in a build.

I'm currantly considering remaking the install USB, but don't think it'll help.

any ideas?

Let me know if you get this working. I’m building a z390 with a i9 9900k and a 1080ti. Haven’t been able to find anything on here about this build on High Sierra. I’m still waiting on my CPU to come in. I currently have a z170 with a 6700k on Sierra but from the looks of it, z390 is only supported by Mojave :(

Also will be needing thunderbolt so the alpine ridge should be in soon. Windows is just not an option... it’s way too buggy with Pro Tools.

Cheers

I could not get 10.13.6 to install to 370 mobo with most resent bios. I had to roll one back. I have read similar stories from others. Also I had to make High Sierra installer in Mojave. Installer downloaded and USB installer made in High Sierra didn´t work. I´m going ro Mojave as soon as Software allows me to...

I could not get 10.13.6 to install to 370 mobo with most resent bios. I had to roll one back. I have read similar stories from others. Also I had to make High Sierra installer in Mojave. Installer downloaded and USB installer made in High Sierra didn´t work. I´m going ro Mojave as soon as Software allows me to...

Interesting. We’re on the z390. After intensive research I found someone on ****** who got a z390 with a 9900k working with their 1080ti on high siera.

LINK

I've got High Sierra to boot by modifying my unibeast USB as described in this guide:
my 1070Ti is showing up properly and seems to be working, but my 9600K is showing as: processor 3.7GHz unknown.
I'm working on that now.

I'm going to mark this as solved because although my initial problem was related to 'error allocating pages'. Copying the similar spec. guide fixed that along with other problems I would have doubtlessly come across.

If I get this build stable I'll consider writing a build post as I haven't seen too many people running a z90, 9th gen CPU and High Sierra with gtx 10x graphics.

I've got High Sierra to boot by modifying my unibeast USB as described in this guide:
my 1070Ti is showing up properly and seems to be working, but my 9600K is showing as: processor 3.7GHz unknown.
I'm working on that now.

I'm going to mark this as solved because although my initial problem was related to 'error allocating pages'. Copying the similar spec. guide fixed that along with other problems I would have doubtlessly come across.

If I get this build stable I'll consider writing a build post as I haven't seen too many people running a z90, 9th gen CPU and High Sierra with gtx 10x graphics.

Great stuff. As stated in post #5, I found someone with a stable build running pretty much the same build.
Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back