Core i7-8700K
Graphics
Intel® 630 / Radeon RX580 Pulse
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi

Again - any ideas/thoughts would be helpful - thanks.......

I have the machine all up and running thanks to @feartech & @pastrychef

The BCM943360CS2 and m2 adapter have arrived so ready for the next step.

Preparation
1. I have backed up the EFI folder on the EFI Partition
2. Full Time Machine backup completed

QUESTION 1: Is there anything else I should do to ensure a return to good state before proceeding?

The M2 on my motherboard means that the m2 card has to upside down horizontally to the motherboard.

QUESTION 2: When you put the m2 adapter with the BCM943360CS2 on to it, it is quite fat and the m2 adapter will only go in at a 45 degree angle - it it possible you just need to push it a tad harder (than I am confident with right no) to get it to sit parallel to the mobo?

QUESTION 3: I also purchased some UFL Mini PCI to RP SNAPigtail Antenna Wifi Cables - I cannot see how to connect the pigtails to the BCM943360CS2 card - I can see the connectors but they seem to resist being connected is there a knack to it?

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi

Again - any ideas/thoughts would be helpful - thanks.......

I have the machine all up and running thanks to @feartech & @pastrychef

The BCM943360CS2 and m2 adapter have arrived so ready for the next step.

Preparation
1. I have backed up the EFI folder on the EFI Partition
2. Full Time Machine backup completed

QUESTION 1: Is there anything else I should do to ensure a return to good state before proceeding?

The M2 on my motherboard means that the m2 card has to upside down horizontally to the motherboard.

QUESTION 2: When you put the m2 adapter with the BCM943360CS2 on to it, it is quite fat and the m2 adapter will only go in at a 45 degree angle - it it possible you just need to push it a tad harder (than I am confident with right no) to get it to sit parallel to the mobo?

QUESTION 3: I also purchased some UFL Mini PCI to RP SNAPigtail Antenna Wifi Cables - I cannot see how to connect the pigtails to the BCM943360CS2 card - I can see the connectors but they seem to resist being connected is there a knack to it?
1. In terms of software/drivers, no BCM94360CS2 should be plug-n-play in macOS. If you are dual booting Windows, you will have to download the Bootcamp drivers from Apple to install the drivers for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

2. I don't know how the Gigabyte motherboard M.2 connector is, but on my Asus, I just plugged it in straight and the BCM94360CS2 w/ M.2 adaptor sits perpendicular to the motherboard.

3. U.FL will not fit, they are too big. The BCM94360CS2 needs MHF-4 connector. If the original pigtail antennas are long enough, I'd recommend using those.
10PCS-2in-2-IPX-I-PEX-IPEX-U-FL-1-13mm-to-IPX-IPEX-U-FL.jpg

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N Wifi
CPU
Core i7-8700K
Graphics
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Doh!!!!

That pesky MHL /MHL-4 bait and switch ..........

Darn it... ordered two MHL-4 pigtails... the ones that are on the mobo are wired into the BT/Wifi device sitting on the mobo.

I am pretty sure the built in wifi/bt is soldered into mobo and not a hidden m2 port.

The m2 connector on the Z370N lays horizontal to the mobo (see attached photo)

I'll post separately to ask if anyone who has a Z370N and a BCM94360CS2 + adapter has got into the m2 on the top or the one one the underside of the mobo.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N Wifi
CPU
Core i7-8700K
Graphics
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS

Attachments