Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Hello everyone, i have a Z370 HD3P with F4 bios and my fans are running too speed.

I've read about the bios update which could solve this problem.

The problem is when i update my bios from F5 to F7 i can't boot anymore.

i've tried different bios settings, cms enable make me loop reboot, cms disable and boot secure option disable and i'm blocked at the start of the mac OS.

Can someone help me with the F6 bios settings ? or any other solution ?

z370 hd3p (F4 bios) - i7 8700 - 16Go - 1060 3Go - SSD 250 -10.13.2

a little up

any ideas

Hi there.

Not sure if you've tried this but I would short the CMOS Clear pins on the motherboard for a few seconds so that you can boot into the BIOS ok. This should work because the defaults are fine for macOS. No need to play with CMS etc.

To update I would download the latest BIOS from Gigabyte to a USB stick, then use the Flash option from within the BIOS itself. This will find the file on the USB stick and perform a refresh.

That should get you working again.

Let us know if not.

:)

unfortunately i tried this and it didn't worked.

i talked with other owners of this mobo and some are just like me unable to boot mac OS after F4 bios without knowing why.

Even on my install hack USB key it won't boot, it loads the clover bootlaoder and when i launch a selection in verbose mode i see this (image)

what bios version do you have ?

could you tell me your settings ?

thanx

Attachments

• IMG_6119.JPG
    IMG_6119.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 178
Sorry to hear that. The stuck screen is a new one on me.

My own Z370 Gigabyte board came with F4 BIOS and I upgraded to F7 with no problem. I don't know why Gigabyte would make your model a special case as it looks a perfectly normal model. My previous Z370M came with F3. Same procedure, no problem.

Trying to analyse your problem:

1) So are you saying you can boot Windows with the F7 BIOS?

2) You seem to be getting to the Clover menu so that suggests the BIOS is working correctly. Try booting from the Clover menu in Safe Mode ( -x ).

3) Have you tried reflashing F4 back onto your motherboard? You just copy the BIOS file to the USB stick and choose it when you start the flash utility. (I think it was only on earlier generation motherboards such as Z170 and Z270 where you couldn't reflash to an earlier one).

4) By clearing the CMOS your motherboard should boot to a basic working set of defaults that only need slight tweaking for macOS - for example turning off an Serial/Parallel ports, enabling XHCI and disabling VT-d. Check the recommended settings in many builds here.

5) Is your UniBeast installer stick read-only? Very unusual with standard BIOS defaults for it not to boot. Check the recommended settings in the Install guides here (and 4 above).

Last edited:
1) Yes with every bios updates i can boot on Windows 10 64

2) Already done with the same result

3) Yes i have reflashed back to F4 bios and it works except for my fans that run too fast

4) Already done with no result, with F5 and newer bios enabling cms make the system loop reboot, if disable i have what you see in the screen capture

5) I've not used UniBeast but my USB stick made me install my current hack with no problems into F4 bios, so it works perfectly

i have sent a request to gigabyte and wait for their answer

of course any idea is welcome

thanx

I finally have a solution ... not for the bios but for the fans, which was my big problem at first.

i don't know why but when i go to sleep mode and wake up back suddenly the fans are running at the good speed

miracle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back